SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2017 at 9:36 AM, Ray77 said:

So apparently Rob Rossi is a reporter from Pittsburgh and he was the one asking Trotz the question about the play last night.  This is unbelievable...what a douche!

This guy just breathed a big sigh of relief!

That was actually a very good game which i thought Washington controlled for the most part...until the end. They had a ton of chances and just couldn't corral the puck.

Now buckle up for tonight's Oiler/Ducks game!

9 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Game 7 shutout : Fleury being Fleury

Washington was clearly the better team in this series. Fleury single-handedly stole four games the Pens didn't play well enough to win. I just can't say enough about the mental toughness of that young man in the face of so much adversity.

If they do in fact move him in the offseason, as rumors suggest they will, I'm not so sure they're even a playoff team next year. Maybe they'll come to their senses and lock him into an extension if they end up winning another Stanley Cup.

Dare I say you seem knowledgeable of the team, even a die-hard Pens fan.
As much as some want to believe otherwise, PIT can only protect one goalie in the expansion draft. 
Very true that Fleury won this with his play. 
Eventually that string of questionable play will come back and bite. 

Karma is a real ----- that way. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

True, but Fleury is the only one worthy of protecting. I get what people are saying about Murray being both younger and cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Murray can win only when the team in front of him plays great, but Fleury is capable of stealing some wins when the rest of the team is not playing up to their potential.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/penguins 

6 RFA/UFA at forward; another 6 at defense; and an age 32 goalie making $2M more than an age 22 who's show he can be the #1, and more than $4.6M over the cap (using injury reserves to cover). Something's going to give

• Upvote 1