SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

16 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Can someone tell me what is this Black Aces call up thing?

Best definition I found using "The Google": Players who are recalled to the NHL from their AHL or junior teams when those teams' own seasons end.

Since the NHL has no roster limits after the trade deadline, any of these players would be eligible to come into a game, but usually don't unless there are injuries. An example might be Jordan Schmaltz the minute the AHL Chicago Wolves go out. He'll be put on the STL roster for the rest of the season at that point. (They've been bouncing him day-to-day so far.) 

A better one would be if the AHL SD Gulls go out and they call up Keaton Thompson to the Ducks. (Don't hold your breath.) 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Jean-Gabriel Pageau scores 4 goals including the game winner in the second overtime as the Sens win and go up 2-0 in the series. What a game for a guy most of you probably never heard of. Wow.

Didn't he have a natural hat trick?

• about 3 left in regulation
  • about 1:30 left in regulation to tie the game
  • GWG in 2OT

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Microphone malfunction in Edmonton leads to 18,000+ fans singing the Star Spangled Banner. Thanks, Edmontonians.  That was cool.

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Did they sing O Canada as well?

The obviously started off with the US anthem first so my guess is the fans sang "O Canada" as well.  That's pretty much standard practice in Canada anyways in the playoffs.  

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The obviously started off with the US anthem first so my guess is the fans sang "O Canada" as well.  That's pretty much standard practice in Canada anyways in the playoffs.  

Thanks Mafia....we stand on guard for thee. ;)

Just tuned into the game...12:00 left in the 3rd. I saw a highlight of Crosby getting hit by Niskanen in the 1st. Has he played since that hit? Also...complete BS that they changed that penalty from a 2:00 to a 5:00.