2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, cberkas said:

Sorry, but Crosby is not his teams MVP.

Guentzel should have gotten it over Crosby.

That's a laugher.  How many times this playoffs has Crosby absolutely spoon fed Guentzel.  Dont get me wrong, I absolutely loved what Guentzel did, definitely helps the college hockey idea.  But to say this guy was taking over games is ludicrous.  Most of what he did was a direct reflection of playing on Crosby's line.  But again, loved how the  kid performed.

It was honestly either Malkin or Crosby.  I'm sure many folks thought Malkin should have won it.  Had he won I guess I would have understood.  The big difference was defensive responsibilities.  Crosby's line plays against the other team's top unit almost every game (other than away games where the home team can better match lines).  I don't have a problem with Crosby winning at all.  Kind of obvious to me.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Never forget who carried them through the first two rounds against much better opponents than they faced in the later rounds.

"Never forget..."

You know, those moments captured in time that are seared into the minds of those who were alive to witness them.

Pearl Harbor...the Kennedy assassination...the Challenger space shuttle disaster...9/11...and Marc-Andre Fleury's performance in the first two rounds of the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

That's a laugher.  How many times this playoffs has Crosby absolutely spoon fed Guentzel.  Dont get me wrong, I absolutely loved what Guentzel did, definitely helps the college hockey idea.  But to say this guy was taking over games is ludicrous.  Most of what he did was a direct reflection of playing on Crosby's line.  But again, loved how the  kid performed.

It was honestly either Malkin or Crosby.  I'm sure many folks thought Malkin should have won it.  Had he won I guess I would have understood.  The big difference was defensive responsibilities.  Crosby's line plays against the other team's top unit almost every game (other than away games where the home team can better match lines).  I don't have a problem with Crosby winning at all.  Kind of obvious to me.

To me, the MVP should be the one that if he has an off night, so does the team.  There's no denying that if Crosby is off, the entire team doesn't perform as well, and I think that directly reflects Crosby' s ability to see the ice, set teammates up, and control the puck.  There's so much little stuff he does that doesn't necessarily make the stat sheet that's just ridiculous. From holding the zone, to stripping the puck, to breaking up plays, to faceoffs. Last night at one point, the pens had won something like ten faceoffs and Crosby had won 8 of them. 

10 minutes ago, snova4 said:

To me, the MVP should be the one that if he has an off night, so does the team.  There's no denying that if Crosby is off, the entire team doesn't perform as well, and I think that directly reflects Crosby' s ability to see the ice, set teammates up, and control the puck.  There's so much little stuff he does that doesn't necessarily make the stat sheet that's just ridiculous. From holding the zone, to stripping the puck, to breaking up plays, to faceoffs. Last night at one point, the pens had won something like ten faceoffs and Crosby had won 8 of them. 

Last night Crosby won 4 faceoffs and lost 15 of them.

Doc said it weirdly but at the time on the broadcast, Crosby had won 2 and lost 8.

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

Doc said it weirdly but at the time on the broadcast, Crosby had won 2 and lost 8.

yeah, he actually had an off night in the circle....which is extremely rare. But to the OP's point, there is so much Crosby does that doesn't really hit the typical stat sheet. But, he hammers the stat sheet too. Which is why he's top 5 ever.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Yeah, I must have totally misunderstood him. Could have swore he said 8 of 10, but I didn't check the boxscore either. 

I have to hand it to Marc-Andre Fleury...he really handled the Pittsburgh goalie situation gracefully and gets rewarded with a third Stanley Cup ring.  Nice to see some athletes be "professional" in every sense of the word. Some team will be lucky to pick him up.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I can only imagine what goes into such a decision, but do we know where he is taking it?

He could have been a freaking legend down there, though.  Maybe Archibald will stop up?

He's taking it to Minnesotaaa!!!!!

That's what he said he's going to do on the video that make puck retweeted.

I'm sure Omaha has been making plans to retire Guentzel's and Archibald's jerseys to start the year. They have to be like UND.

16 hours ago, cberkas said:

He's taking it to Minnesotaaa!!!!!

That's what he said he's going to do on the video that make puck retweeted.

I'm sure Omaha has been making plans to retire Guentzel's and Archibald's jerseys to start the year. They have to be like UND.

10 hours ago, Blackheart said:

That's the only way the Cup comes to the Twin Cities!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3