Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR


Pearson's Hockey Bus
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

2018-2022 in order:
St. Paul, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston, Pittsburgh

Dare I say, uninspiring.
The only highlight is 2019 in DET at the new arena. 

In laws live in Buffalo.....road trip to that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

2018-2022 in order:
St. Paul, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston, Pittsburgh

Dare I say, uninspiring.
The only highlight is 2019 in DET at the new arena. 

I would agree with that sentiment.  Must not want to risk non college hockey markets like San Jose, Nashville, Phoenix, LA, Miami.  Really surprised about no St. Louis (UND was bidding to host there) and Tampa (big time success in '12 and '16, IMO).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Duluth player uses free hand to tug shoulder of Hammond from behind causing him to go awkwardly in the boards.  

The Duluth player causes the injury, but the only penalty would be holding or interference.

I'd agree with the int, should have been called.  A bit dangerous where he dragged him down,  but can't,  as much as I'd like to,  turn it into an attempt to injure.  No where near the 2 hits on Cam and Tucker. 

Probably lucky for Denver it wasn't called,  because if the marbles get heavy the diving begins. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Correct. That was interference. It just happened to cause substantial damage. 

What about this rule? I can't remember the exact circumstances, but a body check from the side could apply because both players were in contact going into the boards. A broken ankle would indicate being violently thrown into the boards. 

Quote

Rule 42 - Boarding
42.1 Boarding - A player shall not body check, cross-check, elbow, charge or
trip an opponent from the front or side in such a manner that causes the
opponent to be thrown violently into the boards (see Rule 50).
PENALTY—Minor or major at the discretion of the referee, based on
degree of violence of the impact with the boards. A game
misconduct or disqualification may be assessed at the
discretion of the referee.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PCM said:

What about this rule? I can't remember the exact circumstances, but a body check from the side could apply because both players were in contact going into the boards. A broken ankle would indicate being violently thrown into the boards. 

That's so cute.
You actually think that nostalgic idea of "enforcing" a "rule book" is something we should still do. :silly:  ;) 

The hit that happened from behind at the benches, when I happened I said if that's not a major there's not a major to be called in this game. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The officials say they don't want to be the deciding factor in the game. 

Have they ever considered that by not calling the game by the rules they are deciding the game in favor of the team that goes the furthest outside the rules? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The officials say they don't want to be the deciding factor in the game. 

Have they ever considered that by not calling the game by the rules they are deciding the game in favor of the team that goes the furthest outside the rules? 

I hate it when a sportscaster says, "That's a good non-call."

Good for whom? The player who committed what was technically a penalty and got away with it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's so cute.
You actually think that nostalgic idea of "enforcing" a "rule book" is something we should still do. :silly:  ;) 

The hit that happened from behind at the benches, when I happened I said if that's not a major there's not a major to be called in this game. 

When I saw the hit that knocked Hammond out of the game, this is the rule that first came to mind. Maybe the forward motion with the leg wasn't there, but the hand certainly was a factor in the awkward fall into the boards. 

Quote

Rule 54 - Slew-footing
54.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using the leg
or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under them, or pushing
an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same
time with a forward motion of the leg, knocking or kicking the opponent’s
feet from under them, causing the opponent to fall violently to the ice.
PENALTY—Major and game misconduct or disqualification at the
discretion of the referee.

I also agree that the hit from behind that injured the DU player and took him out of the game should have been a major. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PCM said:

When I saw the hit that knocked Hammond out of the game, this is the rule that first came to mind. Maybe the forward motion with the leg wasn't there, but the hand certainly was a factor in the awkward fall into the boards. 

I also agree that the hit from behind that injured the DU player and took him out of the game should have been a major. 

Wasn't a slew foot, wasn't boarding, and wasn't interference (if it was interference Hammond would have been called).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Wasn't a slew foot, wasn't boarding, and wasn't interference (if it was interference Hammond would have been called).

The UMD left hand tug on Hammond's left shoulder was interference. It is designed to put the opponent off stride and to give an advantage.

Zach Parise is a master of the "little tug" technique but he uses the stick to give just a nibble of a tug on the shoulder but it's enough to give an advantage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, #33 said:

I'm not sure but thought someone on this forum would be able to verify it. 

It wasn't this UND/BU game, they must have been talking about the one at the Frozen Four in Boston a few years ago.  CJ Beaurline was fired from the NCHC after the first year and reffed that game with Marco Hunt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The UMD left hand tug on Hammond's left shoulder was interference. It is designed to put the opponent off stride and to give an advantage.

Zach Parise is a master of the "little tug" technique but he uses the stick to give just a nibble of a tug on the shoulder but it's enough to give an advantage. 

Seen this happen all year the defending player gets called not the offensive player. And Hammond was already pivioting towards the boards and caught his edge.

Hard to call interference when the puck is right there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

2018-2022 in order:
St. Paul, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston, Pittsburgh

Dare I say, uninspiring.
The only highlight is 2019 in DET at the new arena. 

Surprised Az St. or Denver didn't bid to host it in Las Vegas.  That would be great for college hockey.  Especially now that it is an NHL market. Missed opportunity there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Surprised Az St. or Denver didn't bid to host it in Las Vegas.  That would be great for college hockey.  Especially now that it is an NHL market. Missed opportunity there.

I'm guessing it's not even worth the effort.  NCAA dislikes Vegas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I'm guessing it's not even worth the effort.  NCAA dislikes Vegas.

They are working on it.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/news/las-vegas-bids-for-getting-ncaa-championship-events-hit-snag/

"The proposals include Las Vegas hosting a men’s basketball regional in T-Mobile Arena as well as wrestling and men’s ice hockey national championships."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, cberkas said:

There is like 4 conference championships in Vegas/Nevada.

Pac12 basketball championship is at T-Mobile Arena 

Those are not NCAA sanctioned events.  They are under the jurisdiction of their respective conferences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...