Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey


Recommended Posts

No collegiate women's hockey scores in Herald  (online) this morning...strange in that the featured. Women's game for Hockey Day MN was Minnesota State v. BSU...beautiful setting on Lake Bemidji...on. Fox Sports North...MM goalie is 6'1"...from New York... Almost filled net...first MM goal scored was by a California women....wonder if she ever played outdoors in below 0 weather before...

Just because UND doesn't have it...doesn't  mean collegiate women's hockey doesn't exist...BSU. coach is Jim Scanlon...longtime at EGF...several NW MN kids play for BSU...M State 2-1...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are going to start a twitter campaign.  Bunch of hashtags.  Followed by a Title IX misinformation campaign with no facts to back it up.   At no time will you hear them mention dollar figures

I'm afraid not.  That only works at Duluth where hockey and diving are one in the same.  

Yep....Just look at MBB. 1.4 million people watched UND-AZ in the big dance....But I guess women's hockey and its 209 fans deserve a bigger budget because of Olympians or something like that.  Ri

Posted Images

15 hours ago, John W. said:

No collegiate women's hockey scores in Herald  (online) this morning...strange in that the featured. Women's game for Hockey Day MN was Minnesota State v. BSU...beautiful setting on Lake Bemidji...on. Fox Sports North...MM goalie is 6'1"...from New York... Almost filled net...first MM goal scored was by a California women....wonder if she ever played outdoors in below 0 weather before...

Just because UND doesn't have it...doesn't  mean collegiate women's hockey doesn't exist...BSU. coach is Jim Scanlon...longtime at EGF...several NW MN kids play for BSU...M State 2-1...

No one cares about women’s hockey, unless your daughter is playing, if UND loses their team, or if UND spend money on something that people think should be spent on bringing back UND’s women’s team. Otherwise no one cares.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, John W. said:

No collegiate women's hockey scores in Herald  (online) this morning...strange in that the featured. Women's game for Hockey Day MN was Minnesota State v. BSU...beautiful setting on Lake Bemidji...on. Fox Sports North...MM goalie is 6'1"...from New York... Almost filled net...first MM goal scored was by a California women....wonder if she ever played outdoors in below 0 weather before...

Just because UND doesn't have it...doesn't  mean collegiate women's hockey doesn't exist...BSU. coach is Jim Scanlon...longtime at EGF...several NW MN kids play for BSU...M State 2-1...

The Heraldo/Forum is focused more on making sure that we get up to date info on what's happening with the St Cloud Huskies and Minny Gofers  hockey programs.  And spring practice for the Bizon isn't that far off either...  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So its been 7 months since that lawsuit has been filed, since then there hasn't been a thing mentioned about it from anybody or anywhere since then.   I don't ever remember any reported response from NDUS?

So how much longer is this process going to take?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.unionleader.com/sports/college/the-game-is-changing-for-saint-anselm-women-s-hockey/article_9c8b01c7-64db-5bd3-92ea-d933734f9d5a.html

Article about St Anshelm’s DII program that will now compete (next year or so) for the DI women’s  national championship.  Why does the national media never bring up Title IX, as DII’s St Anshelm, St Michael’s, Franklin Pierce, and Post (CT) don’t have men’s teams that can compete similarly?

Per normal, UND is mentioned as a tragic event and how difficult women’s hockey has it to endure.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

This is not women’s hockey however I saw this on Twitter this morning. Is this former UND swim and driving member flipping off the person taking the photo or the people that will be looking at the photo? Seems like she should have aimed the bird at Kennedy.

5E2DCCEA-6729-425B-9EB7-05FF83AE0A20.jpeg

I thought the intention was to flip Kennedy off.

Twitter thinks she is a "hero"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 9:11 AM, Prison_Mike said:

This is not women’s hockey however I saw this on Twitter this morning. Is this former UND swim and driving member flipping off the person taking the photo or the people that will be looking at the photo? Seems like she should have aimed the bird at Kennedy.

5E2DCCEA-6729-425B-9EB7-05FF83AE0A20.jpeg

What twitter account was this posted under?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 9:11 AM, Prison_Mike said:

This is not women’s hockey however I saw this on Twitter this morning. Is this former UND swim and driving member flipping off the person taking the photo or the people that will be looking at the photo? Seems like she should have aimed the bird at Kennedy.

5E2DCCEA-6729-425B-9EB7-05FF83AE0A20.jpeg

This pic is creating a lot of negative trash towards UND. What's the whole intent here? Is it a photo shop? Anyone know?

Pic taken in Denver, assuming, our last hockey visit Feb 1st or 2nd?

Kennedy being flanked by two ladies, wearing his lucky 13 hockey jersey, all with big smiles?

The lady to the left kinda trying to get her coat and beer out of the picture, maybe thinking not going to be a full body pic?

Lady wearing Sioux logo apparently knows how to pose for a picture, gum showing, jeans cuffed, purse hanging on her back? 

 

What's really going on here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This pic is creating a lot of negative trash towards UND. What's the whole intent here? Is it a photo shop? Anyone know?

Pic taken in Denver, assuming, our last hockey visit Feb 1st or 2nd?

Kennedy being flanked by two ladies, wearing his lucky 13 hockey jersey, all with big smiles?

The lady to the left kinda trying to get her coat and beer out of the picture, maybe thinking not going to be a full body pic?

Lady wearing Sioux logo apparently knows how to pose for a picture, gum showing, jeans cuffed, purse hanging on her back? 

 

What's really going on here?

I am guessing it is his wife on his right and a immature millenial on his left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This pic is creating a lot of negative trash towards UND. What's the whole intent here? Is it a photo shop? Anyone know?

Pic taken in Denver, assuming, our last hockey visit Feb 1st or 2nd?

Kennedy being flanked by two ladies, wearing his lucky 13 hockey jersey, all with big smiles?

The lady to the left kinda trying to get her coat and beer out of the picture, maybe thinking not going to be a full body pic?

Lady wearing Sioux logo apparently knows how to pose for a picture, gum showing, jeans cuffed, purse hanging on her back? 

 

What's really going on here?

I can help you answer all of these questions.

I've seen this picture posted on Twitter. She posted it on her own twitter account which is private, but it was RT by the Barstool UND account. I see absolutely ZERO "negative trash" toward UND on it, because there are literally ZERO comments on the thread, so I'm assuming you just made that up? Even if there were comments, it would mostly just be current and former UND students anyway since that's who follows Barstool UND. 

Her intent was to troll the man that she hates for cutting her sport (and essentially her scholarship) which forced her to leave the school she loves to scramble for a new school to swim/dive at. Understandable that she dislikes him, but undeniably the wrong way to go about it. But for a 20-21 year old spiteful college girl...I don't expect much different so I'm not going to join in on the grumpy old man grumbling you guys have going on here. She embarrassed herself in our eyes, but she won't realize that herself for several more years. Also, I'm guessing she didn't confront him like an adult, but who knows...because none of us were there. If she did say anything to him it was definitely AFTER this picture haha! 

No, not photo shopped. 

The lady on the left is only holding a beer, the coat you're thinking is hers is hanging over the chair behind her. That's his wife

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 9:11 AM, Prison_Mike said:

This is not women’s hockey however I saw this on Twitter this morning. Is this former UND swim and driving member flipping off the person taking the photo or the people that will be looking at the photo? Seems like she should have aimed the bird at Kennedy.

5E2DCCEA-6729-425B-9EB7-05FF83AE0A20.jpeg

If you actually saw it on twitter did you not read the content of the tweet which clearly reads she's bashing Kennedy...which makes it obvious she's trolling him by taking a picture with him while simultaneously flipping him off. Her intent was to make him look dumb, and to college kids she was successful, but to everyone else she embarrassed herself.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I can help you answer all of these questions.

I've seen this picture posted on Twitter. She posted it on her own twitter account which is private, but it was RT by the Barstool UND account. I see absolutely ZERO "negative trash" toward UND on it, because there are literally ZERO comments on the thread, so I'm assuming you just made that up? Even if there were comments, it would mostly just be current and former UND students anyway since that's who follows Barstool UND. 

Her intent was to troll the man that she hates for cutting her sport (and essentially her scholarship) which forced her to leave the school she loves to scramble for a new school to swim/dive at. Understandable that she dislikes him, but undeniably the wrong way to go about it. But for a 20-21 year old spiteful college girl...I don't expect much different so I'm not going to join in on the grumpy old man grumbling you guys have going on here. She embarrassed herself in our eyes, but she won't realize that herself for several more years. Also, I'm guessing she didn't confront him like an adult, but who knows...because none of us were there. If she did say anything to him it was definitely AFTER this picture haha! 

No, not photo shopped. 

The lady on the left is only holding a beer, the coat you're thinking is hers is hanging over the chair behind her. That's his wife

 

Appreciate the explanation. Thank you. 

Bozoville made hay of it. Photos like this do have staying power.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/columns/4569424-mike-jacobs-big-change-college-board-less-likely

He just can't help himself... sorry folks, UND isn't considered a premier college hockey program anymore because they cut WIH.

Sorry DU and Michigan, since you never had it, you are in the same boat... despite having 17 national championships between you. 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/columns/4569424-mike-jacobs-big-change-college-board-less-likely

He just can't help himself... sorry folks, UND isn't considered a premier college hockey program anymore because they cut WIH.

Sorry DU and Michigan, since you never had it, you are in the same boat... despite having 17 national championships between you. 

 

Maybe the state of ND can endow a womens hockey team then.  And mens baseball, so the increased womens scholarships and expenses (from the elimination of w hockey) doesn't cause title 9 trouble.  Not gonna happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...