Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UND92

UND to cut women's hockey

Recommended Posts

On 4/25/2017 at 10:05 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

So anybody hear/figure out who filed the complaint to the ORC?

 

 

 Was told the sister of Annelese Rice (player on WIH) posted copy of letter back from OCR.  So, not official but we know where it came from.  Check out for yourself on twitter at @lau_rice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SS0016 said:

 Was told the sister of Annelese Rice (player on WIH) posted copy of letter back from OCR.  So, not official but we know where it came from.  Check out for yourself on twitter at @lau_rice

Well there it is, also, it's not the pinned post, which is the one where Annelese is suing her dad (along with 18 others) for $240 million, but a little further down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

with this cast of losers on this team or past teams no wonder we never won anything...

Ya, we just here about the 10 Olympians, never about the misfits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SS0016 said:

Ya, we just here about the 10 Olympians, never about the misfits.

why not just hire a dr evil impersonator or eddie belfour and go for a straight 1 Billion Dollars!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SS0016 said:

Ya, we just here about the 10 Olympians, never about the misfits.

Tell me more about these Olympians, this is the first I've heard about it...

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AJS said:

Well there it is, also, it's not the pinned post, which is the one where Annelese is suing her dad (along with 18 others) for $240 million, but a little further down. 

Someday I hope to have enough money to where my daughter can sue me for $200+ million.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Apparently they're quite the litigious family. 

Does that mean they are vegetarian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Apparently they're quite the litigious family. 

 

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Does that mean they are vegetarian?

No. It means they're not Catholic. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cberkas said:

There are some good quotes in this article, I still think North Dakota was just the tip of the iceberg.

http://m.startribune.com/north-dakota-s-decision-to-drop-women-s-hockey-a-major-blow-to-the-sport/420960063/

I don't think that its just women's hockey, I think it could be all of college sports. There is too much money getting tossed around at all these schools and at some point an adult needs to come in and slow that spending down.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 I am surprised that a lot of programs that are middle of the road in all their sports don't dump their biggest money drains to become more competitive in a few sports. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tnt said:

 

 I am surprised that a lot of programs that are middle of the road in all their sports don't dump their biggest money drains to become more competitive in a few sports. 

Maybe UND just set an example and more will follow.  The NCAA requiring 14 or 16 sports at each school is ridiculous.   

If they could, most schools would probably have their core 4 sports offerings, combined with frisbee golf, rowing, darts,  croquet, ring toss, lawn golf, and six different versions of tag.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Maybe UND just set an example and more will follow.  The NCAA requiring 14 or 16 sports at each school is ridiculous.   

If they could, most schools would probably have their core 4 sports offerings, combined with frisbee golf, rowing, darts,  croquet, ring toss, lawn golf, and six different versions of tag.  

You forgot my all time favorite Dodge Ball.  I think I still have marks from that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Brad Frost knows that his program could be cut, then everyone should know that their program can be cut.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, a complaint was filed on April 1st, we first heard about it on April 21st, does anyone know what the kind of time table there is for this OCR investigation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

You forgot my all time favorite Dodge Ball.  I think I still have marks from that.

:lol::lol: yes one of my favorites too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 1:23 PM, UND-1 said:

 http://dakotastudent.com/10528/opinion/cutting-champions/

"And let me tell you, the women’s hockey program and swimming and diving programs earned the title of “championship caliber.”

The UND Women's Hockey program was a "championship" level program, huh?  What championships did they win?  

Make it stop.

To be fair the S&D team had some championships as a DII program. Haven't done much at D1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

To be fair the S&D team had some championships as a DII program. Haven't done much at D1.

True.  Which is why I referenced the WH hockey program.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

To be fair the S&D team had some championships as a DII program. Haven't done much at D1.

I think Swimming and Diving accomplished as much as WH did in a much shorter timeframe at the D1 level. 

Someone correct me...

And so help me, if someone says "olympians"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could have went the UNO route dropped football. That would have saved women's hockey.  Plus then there is no need to have a separate football conference for half the teams in that precious slummit league. 

  • Downvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...