SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

10 hours ago, jdub27 said:

... when UND had experts in compliance come in before decisions were made ...

If UND had done this without that step I'd be terrified. Instead, they brought in Baker Donelson. 

And the guy leading BD's Title IX resource group? Uh, yeah, ... "proactive", "litigation avoidance" ... as in he does the audit of what you're going to do before you do it because he knows what the auditors from US OCR will come looking for and he makes sure what OCR finds is all legally compliant. 

Mr. Cohen joins as a shareholder in Baker Donelson's Atlanta office, where he will focus his practice on representing institutions and their athletic departments in their legal affairs.  His Title IX compliance work includes defending colleges and universities against Title IX investigations by the federal Office for Civil Rights, providing proactive Title IX audits and compliance reviews, and developing litigation avoidance strategies. He serves as a Special Assistant Attorney General in two states to represent certain public institutions in Title IX matters. Mr. Cohen also advises colleges and universities on legal aspects of their strategic planning initiatives, NCAA governance issues and changing athletic conference affiliations.

https://www.bakerdonelson.com/Baker-Donelson-Launches-Title-IX-Higher-Education-Group 

10 hours ago, SS0016 said:

Who else is tired of the Lamoureux twins? Now that they both are making 70k to 100k, are they still selling tshirts as a fundraiser?  what a joke, when are people gonna wise up to there personal motives.  Its all about them.

I am I am I am!!! 

On 4/22/2017 at 3:42 PM, SS0016 said:

Schlossman has many awards in journalism and has done a ton of great work.  But, the way he handled the WIH cut was one sided and very unprofessional.  He has lost a lot of credibility by overly supporting the WIH program and the twins.  He needs to be subjective and report the facts, UND can't afford WIH.

His articles have certainly been objective.

His personal twitter has not.  But it doesn't have to be.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SS0016 said:

Who else is tired of the Lamoureux twins? Now that they both are making 70k to 100k, are they still selling tshirts as a fundraiser?  what a joke, when are people gonna wise up to there personal motives.  Its all about them.

The best way to deal with this is to not comment on it day after day after day. The more chatter there is by the public, the longer it will drag on.

15 hours ago, SS0016 said:

Who else is tired of the Lamoureux family? Now that they both are making 70k to 100k, are they still selling tshirts as a fundraiser?  what a joke, when are people gonna wise up to there personal motives.  Its all about them.

me.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Other NDUS schools affected by the state budget are cutting sports, programs, departments (Dickinson State). 

Like I've said, I'd like to hear more than just grousing; I'd like to hear the solution provided by the Lamoureux twins. 

Their solution will be to get everyone in the WCHA to boycott until the WCHA gives UND $60 million. :D

So with 4 players now, with more to come, leaving the program....is this issue over now?  YOu would think if there was any chance of a Title IX lawsuit being successful, the players would certainly stick around.  Good for the players that see the writing on the wall and accept reality.  UND womens hockey may not longer be around, but they still have the opportunity to continue their playing career and education elsewhere.  

25 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So with 4 players now, with more to come, leaving the program....is this issue over now?  YOu would think if there was any chance of a Title IX lawsuit being successful, the players would certainly stick around.  Good for the players that see the writing on the wall and accept reality.  UND womens hockey may not longer be around, but they still have the opportunity to continue their playing career and education elsewhere.  

It could be argued 4 spots just opened up for future Finnish Olympians.

• Upvote 3