SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

20 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Do we have to worry about a new curse for UND hockey?  Since the womens hockey program was cut, the mens team has failed to make the NCAA Tournament !! :blink:  

You are correct,  and we are calling it "The Kennedy Curse". We need to beat this one down, before it gets legs.

Now, from hearing Fighting Hawks on a loudspeaker, we have the "Fast Eddy Curse", where one gets the felling of a golf ball stuck in your throat and a baseball stuck in your - - -.  Well, I think you get what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

So their thought is, "it worked against USA Hockey so it will work against the NHL." 

The NWHL folding is what the NHL wants, or that is what the rumblings are, for them to take over. I guess they think they should be making the money that players like Ovi make. 

We cannot make a sustainable living playing in the current state of the professional game. 

I can't make a sustainable living doing what I'd prefer to all day every day either.

(And that's luck for all of you or I'd be here all the time.)