SiouxSports.com Forum

I still have a bit of fight in me

SiouxUSAF

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:50 AM, SiouxUSAF said:

I've fought for my country. That is worthless, if you don't stand up against what is going on in this town right now. Rebel. (REMOVED) do something, the majority of us know this isn't right. Ralph is rolling over in his grave as we sit here and accept it. I'm begging anyone in Grand forks to protest, let's set it up. I'm sure I can find students.

Please don't equate something so unimportant as a school logo/name  with something as important as serving your country.  I get the part about standing up for our rights, but with those rights  are the responsibilities that go with the freedoms you say you fought for.  Many people worked hard, fought hard and spent money to keep the logo and name.  The issue went through the process and the NCAA, which has the authority to govern NCAA members, made it too costly to keep the name. I didn't like it,  but it isn't in the best interest of the University and our athletic programs and student athletes to keep kicking that proverbial dead horse.  State your case, but skip the " I fought for my country"  rhetoric.  That is a sacred issue that is above the petty persistent fuss over our old name.  Being a veteran doesn't give us anymore rights than other citizens.  Don't cheapen your service to our country by including it in this issue please.  Welcome home, thanks for your service.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On March 27, 2017 at 3:50 AM, SiouxUSAF said:

I've fought for my country. That is worthless, if you don't stand up against what is going on in this town right now. Rebel. (REMOVED) do something, the majority of us know this isn't right. Ralph is rolling over in his grave as we sit here and accept it. I'm begging anyone in Grand forks to protest, let's set it up. I'm sure I can find students.

The NCAA is going  tell Spirit Lake what's Hostile and Abusive about there name? Wrong keep fighting.