SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

Unscientific statistic: average pairwise rank of all teams in each conference, NCHC average is 13th, BIG ave is 14th, Hockey East ave is 30th, ECAC ave is 33rd, WCHA ave is 37th, Atlantic ave is 42nd and independents ave is 53rd (Arizona State. What is interesting when you look at some of the teams that are often contending for NCAA's are not in the picture. Each conference other than NCHC and BIG have some very weak teams.  

On 3/6/2018 at 2:35 PM, Oxbow6 said:

UND has not had a 3 game winning streak all season.

Not true. 

They beat Anchorage (pairwise #60) in the second game of the series and then followed it up with a sweep of St. Lawrence (pairwise #59) the next weekend. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Not true. 

They beat Anchorage (pairwise #60) in the second game of the series and then followed it up with a sweep of St. Lawrence (pairwise #59) the next weekend. 

Anchorage........good catch. Totally forget about that game. Now I feel much better about the team's post season's chances!

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Anchorage........good catch. Totally forget about that game. Now I feel much better about the team's post season's chances!

That trio of October games makes me quite confident heading into this weekend and next!  ;)

One step at a time...if they can get past this weekend and into the tourney, anything is possible.

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

You think you'd want to excel at one level before moving up another, but I'm certainly no expert.

Of course, but looking from the nhl team's perspective, they don't want to waste a draft pick. They don't care if it might mess up the development of that player in the long run.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Schloss tweeted WASH will push to sign Gersich. DAL same with Gardner.....and multiple teams will look to lock up Poolman. 

He noted they’ll try to sign these guys...which is pretty obvious.  Until the NCAA and the Nhl can work out the whole NCAA loophole, these team will try to get them in their organizations.  To play in the A.  It’s up to the players and their advisors to pump the brakes and see if another year  could benefit them.  Of all these guys. Poolman is the most ready.  I could see him leaving. Rhett and Gersich should definitely stay. 

8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Schloss tweeted WASH will push to sign Gersich. DAL same with Gardner.....and multiple teams will look to lock up Poolman. 

It is in situations like this where the team culture also comes into play.   These guys dream of playing professional hockey, but for those who know they are probably looking at bus rides or Europe, if the relationships they have forged with the staff, teammates and others on campus are not very strong, it is that much easier to let go.  

I know this isn't exactly UND or college hockey related, but as I was reading through this, it reminded me of playing in Denver this season......

If you click the thread, it goes into great detail, the 24-0 penalty minutes made me laugh. 

On 3/8/2018 at 6:46 AM, snova4 said:

I know this isn't exactly UND or college hockey related, but as I was reading through this, it reminded me of playing in Denver this season......

If you click the thread, it goes into great detail, the 24-0 penalty minutes made me laugh. 

So Putins a Denver guy too?

• Upvote 1

Just wondering, and I didn't know where else to ask this, but didn't the Gophers have to come to UND for a first round WCHA playoff series in the last 10-15 years? And didn't the Sioux win on Friday, lose on Saturday, and then win Sunday's game? Or am I thinking about someone else?

Just now, Sodbuster said:

Just wondering, and I didn't know where else to ask this, but didn't the Gophers have to come to UND for a first round WCHA playoff series in the last 10-15 years? And didn't the Sioux win on Friday, lose on Saturday, and then win Sunday's game? Or am I thinking about someone else?

• Upvote 1