SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Exactly........................this team parades to the box to boot. The amount of offensive zone penalties this team takes as well is ridiculous.

Let’s be honest. It’s essentially the same suspects in the box. We have 4 guys with over 40 minutes in penalties. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Let’s be honest. It’s essentially the same suspects in the box. We have 4 guys with over 40 minutes in penalties. 

Honesty has no place here.............it offends many and punches holes in certain narratives that are pervasive around here.

But what you're saying is you've narrowed it down? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

While we're on the topic...Bryn Chyzyk had 11 goals at this time in 2015-16.

Which makes him tied as this teams leading goal scorer. 

Exactly. Good thing he didn't decide to leave early.................................................

But on a serious note he is one of the good stories that one talks about as he is back at UND working towards his law degree.

25 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

In comparison, last year had 4 guys with over 40 minutes in penalties, 2015-16 had 3 guys with over 40 minutes.

Mismash could make it 5 players this year if he gets 7 more minutes in penalties.

I am as disappointed as everyone else. The NCHC is without argument the best conference in the NCAA., but you all know that. We are not as good as St Could this year or Denver. We are as good as the other five and have played up with the Clowns and Denver. I am not going to try to give stats but we must have set a record for ties. I am not predicting that we win a banner (St Cloud must already have the one for most ties), but we are capable of playing with any team in the country. There is still time for some surprises, maybe not gong to knock anyone big out of it, but could happen. They've got us outnumbered, our goalie's not that good, but....forgot what I was going to say next

18 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Got any tickets for sale? :lol:

Yes......but the terms and conditions are that I pay you face value to take my tickets off my hands and that I deliver them, with cash in hand, to you face to face as to not rip you off.  :D

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

UND has allowed the 5th fewest shots on goal this year.  Pretty impressive given their schedule.  Cumulative save percentage not so much...

I think the D has played very well considering they've needed to shoulder a decent chunk of the offense.

That’s an interesting stat.  Positive going into the playoffs

From the game notes:

Saturday's tie was also UND's 13th overtime
game of the season, topping the school
record of 12 set in 2000-01. The NCAA record
for most overtime games in a season is 19, set
by Colgate in 2008-09.

UND is 1-2-10 in extra time this season.

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

What do I need to look at again? My numbers are correct. And they are the same as yours.

That "small percentage" is the difference having the 22nd best power play (UND) or the 13th best power play (DU).

.....which is the exact same thing I posted above.

105 is the magic number.