SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

8 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

Get set for #1 vs #2 hockey this weekend as UND goes to Denver...question is, who will be #1 in the polls?

I know, I know, polls don’t really matter and Pairwise is all that counts (and it’s too early for that anyway) but for fans of this rivalry like me, it adds more electricity to a great series.

it should be a great test for the boys, particularly the freshman and Thome in net if Cam’s not ready. 

Cornell is undefeated so I expect them to be #1.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Got to meet Coach Berry today as my peewee team played his sons and Dane Jackson sons team. What a class act. We lost 4-3 but he congratulated us coaches afterwards and said it’s nice to see coaches with passion for the game. Told him thanks and good luck in Denver. Just a great guy. UND is lucky to have him

I have had the pleasure to visit with Coach Berry a couple of times myself. I couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Thats almost a point per game average. Nice! 

Finishing with 44 points would fit nicely as a freshman!

He turned the corner pretty quick. Playing now like most expected he could. 

• 2 weeks later...

Injuries are part of the game and the break can't come soon enough for this team to hopefully get healthy. That said, this has helped get everyone playing time, which will pay off down the road. Every member of the team has played this year with Rieger at 6 having the lowest total. 

I really did like what Gornall brought to the table and he would have contributed this year, but him leaving early will be a blessing going forward. Basically you are trading Weatherby for Gornall next year, which should be a net positive for the team. Also, like I mentioned above, it's getting guys like Rieger playing time they would have not otherwise. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you listen to Frank Seratorre on Brad Schlossman's blog about officiating in Denver, it certainly sounds like a familiar refrain.  Maybe Don Adam should take a closer look at the perceived homer calls Denver is receiving. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tnt said:

If you listen to Frank Seratorre on Brad Schlossman's blog about officiating in Denver, it certainly sounds like a familiar refrain.  Maybe Don Adam should take a closer look at the perceived homer calls Denver is receiving. 

Saw that too.

Homerism officiating going on for DU evidently.