SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

4 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

My daughter starts grad school in Greeley at Northern Colorado in 2 weeks. Thinking of driving there when UND plays DU and drive down to Denver for the series. Does that Series sellout? Or can one walk up and get tickets? 

Might want to wait on their ticket policy. Didn't they do that asinine deal last year where people had to buy 2 other home series to get UND/DU tickets?

I'd assume you can buy from scalpers at the very least.

46 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Might want to wait on their ticket policy. Didn't they do that asinine deal last year where people had to buy 2 other home series to get UND/DU tickets?

I'd assume you can buy from scalpers at the very least.

Yeah they did some crap like that. Do they sellout? 

52 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Single game tix against Minny for $99?  Embarrassing and ridiculous...wtf is going on?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4310147-single-game-tickets-listed-99-und-minnesota-rivalry

Well the goofs charged the fans a ton last year when we were in their town. Ya, getting out of hand? 

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Single game tix against Minny for $99?  Embarrassing and ridiculous...wtf is going on?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4310147-single-game-tickets-listed-99-und-minnesota-rivalry

Looks like ticket prices will keep going up until they see a drop in attendance, and with our attendance numbers thats not likely going to happen unless they have a string of bad seasons. 

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I don't see a problem with charging that much for a game of this magnitude. UND is a premier D1 hockey program and it is not out of line to charge this. Go to any other D1 school that has a premier sports program and you will see that the prices are about the same.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Well the goofs charged the fans a ton last year when we were in their town. Ya, getting out of hand? 

Not only did they charge a bunch but they tried doing the same thing that other schools did in the past, make you purchase 2-3 other games to get the UND game. The problem with the gophers is, they cannot sell out their games.

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Secondary prices will still easily exceed that and to counter balance it, there are a handful of games for only $25. I don't see a huge issue with the athletic department trying to get their cut of what a ticket is actually worth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Secondary prices will still easily exceed that and to counter balance it, there are a handful of games for only $25. I don't see a huge issue with the athletic department trying to get their cut of what a ticket is actually worth.

Agreed about the secondary market. Back in the WCHA days, someone I knew with student tickets was able to pay for their season by selling a single Gopher game.  He wasn't being a shrewd micro-economist either, it's what he was offered.

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Literally done at every college campus around the country.  Every school has their "premier games" that they can justify selling at a higher price because they know they will sell.  And like others have said, if you can get a ticket for $99 for this game, jump on it!!  Secondary market is going to be insane!!  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

This. Love the move by those in charge of pricing the tickets. This will be a couple $100,000 of pure profit for the athletic department. It's one series every couple of years, I don't see anything wrong with it.

13 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Capitalism? 
Supply and demand?
Adam Smith's invisible hand? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's a premium ticket, man. What did you expect?

Not to get gouged....went to the Gofer game last year at Mariucci and it was $75 a ticket.  I guess I was wrong when I thought that was high.

7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Literally done at every college campus around the country.  Every school has their "premier games" that they can justify selling at a higher price because they know they will sell.  And like others have said, if you can get a ticket for $99 for this game, jump on it!!  Secondary market is going to be insane!!  

Yes, it's a well established practice...just shuts out the average joe who wants to maybe bring the wife and kids to the game.

16 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I emailed Faison and told him I thought that it was outrageous (never got a response).  Suggest you do the same.

7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If you're suggesting that 100% markup is the norm for premier games, I'd like to see some evidence. Not questioning your rationale (because I totally get it), just thinking you've mixed in a bit of hyperbole.

UND pulled a low-class move, that is almost impossible to defend.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1