SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Bracket Challenge

jimdahl

36 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

I have UND-Denver as well. Continuing to pick UND cause it worked last year!!!

Does anyone know if Schloss is using the same coin to do a bracket this year?

I don't think anyone is as confident of this team as least years team, for obvious reasons. BUT after all of the high talent teams that didn't win a title for so many years, wouldn't it be fitting to win it this year?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Does anyone know if Schloss is using the same coin to do a bracket this year?

I don't think anyone is as confident of this team as least years team, for obvious reasons. BUT after all of the high talent teams that didn't win a title for so many years, wouldn't it be fitting to win it this year?

That's exactly what my thinking was. We came into the NCHC tourney with an underdog attitude and played the best we have all year. Being overlooked in this tourney may be a good thing for us

23 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I think your right, and then they'll be an embarrassment to the NCHC in the Froz4? It just baffles me a team that good plays like that?

That's the main thing that blows me away.  It seemed like every time UND put them in an uncomfortable position where the game was in question, their reaction was to start embellishing/diving.  It takes away from how talented they are and makes their leadership look really bad.

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

That's the main thing that blows me away.  It seemed like every time UND put them in an uncomfortable position where the game was in question, their reaction was to start embellishing/diving.  It takes away from how talented they are and makes their leadership look really bad.

Take away from it what you want, but they basically showed their cards last weekend. Don't think the officiating crews won't be aware and watching for some of that kind of stuff this weekend. That includes stuff on UND; Cole Smith's little love tap with his stick (which again resulted in the UMD player hitting the deck) probably should have been a penalty). No need for it.

UMD will have to play on skill this weekend (which they are very capable of). But I don't think they will get away with the embellishments or the chippy stuff. After a heated game, with plenty of penalties and controvery, both teams will likely be under the microscope of the officials in the regional.

UND needs to eliminate ALL of that from their game to be successful. Play like they did last weekend, and they will be fine. If someone takes a run at Cam (which I highly doubt happens), you help your goalie up, and let the refs deal with dishing out penalties one way, rather than getting drawn into coincidentals. I hope Berry stresses, no retaliation, all week. Stay out of the box, and retaliate on the scoreboard.

I know nobody liked the Pionk run last weekend, BUT it is clear it distracted UND at the end of the period, and got UMD back into in the early second.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

They gonna flop their way to the title?  Ugh.

Worked in the NCHC Tourney!  Funny how if you look back over history, you can see that most of the games overseen by Todd Anderson are out of hand by the second period.  Honestly I thought there were a couple bad calls against Duluth as well.

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Worked in the NCHC Tourney!  Funny how if you look back over history, you can see that most of the games overseen by Todd Anderson are out of hand by the second period.  Honestly I thought there were a couple bad calls against Duluth as well.

I don't understand how Anderson gets the championship game. Don't they want the best officials in the spotlight game?

1 hour ago, NoDakFan said:

I got Havahd against Denver, with Denver taking it all. They're just too good, and with their experience from last year, I don't think they'll be beat. I do have us beating Duluth to get to the FF though, so hopefully we can make a deeper run!

I've got the same 3 in the FF, but UMD continuing the NCHC tourney champ struggles in the first round of NCAAs against the lowly Ohio St. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I've got the same 3 in the FF, but UMD continuing the NCHC tourney champ struggles in the first round of NCAAs against the lowly Ohio St. 

I'm not sure if i'd rather see Duluth embarrassed like that(and an NCHC team lose to a B1G school), or for another shot at taking them down when I think we'd have a good shot.

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, NoDakFan said:

I'm not sure if i'd rather see Duluth embarrassed like that(and an NCHC team lose to a B1G school), or for another shot at taking them down when I think we'd have a good shot.

I'm good either way. It would be really funny to see OSU beat them. Though it would be satisfying to see us beat them in that national tourney. Let them enjoy all the other wins against us, as long as we get the most important one. Probably the only time that 1>5!

On 3/20/2017 at 8:56 AM, jimdahl said:

I think I have the bracket working. As usual, I'll start with a "soft launch", so take a look and let me know of any problems with either submission or the layout of the bracket (e.g. do the matches look right?)

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/bracket.php

Who will join the illustrious list below?

2016 UND1981 / stack / nhockey30 / ringneck28 / bigskyvikes (UND National Championship year)
2015 WiSioux
2014 johndahl
2013 FSSD/Brainerd Sioux
2012 mj3und
2011 tho0505
2009 Big A HG
2008 willtippen
2007 seanpc03
2006 teamsioux
2005 mynameiscuomo
2004 paul62/BigGreyAnt41/brew003/UP2SKI

Edit- a previous draft of this post was up for about 30 seconds before I realized it wasn't ready and pulled it down. Sorry if you jumped in during that time to find a disabled save button, I think it's all working now.

2017 Siouxfan512

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, jimdahl said:

I think I have the bracket working. As usual, I'll start with a "soft launch", so take a look and let me know of any problems with either submission or the layout of the bracket (e.g. do the matches look right?)

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/bracket.php

Tried to submit and tells me...  "Picks are closed, the games are underway!"   Kinda scared me since I know UND is game #1 and I'm not at Scheels Arena!  ;)

My guess:  The date to close... only the year was changed, not the day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MNBen said:

Tried to submit and tells me...  "Picks are closed, the games are underway!"   Kinda scared me since I know UND is game #1 and I'm not at Scheels Arena!  ;)

My guess:  The date to close... only the year was changed, not the day.

Same here...I have 1 change to make and can't as it thinks the games have started.

Paging @jimdahl!