SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD - NCHC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

15 minutes ago, franchise said:

Typically you see the guy try to pull up at the end. Pionk actually tried to give some extra.

That's exactly how I saw it too.

Sandelin:  OK, someone go send them a message.

Pionk:  I'M ON IT, COACH!

6 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

Curious to see what is being said on the bulldog forum, anyone know the link to that forum?

Your IQ will drop by 73 points if you read any garbage spewed by RWD. Stay away.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Your IQ will drop by 73 points if you read any garbage spewed by RWD. Stay away.

Loved the comment posted the other day about the feminist warrior from Duluth dancing in a way that totally objectifies women. :lol:

I know RWtD personally after having been seated with her and her brother for games at Joe Senser's back in the day.  She's a good fan.

DrunkHockeyGuy, on the other hand...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Loved the comment posted the other day about the feminist warrior from Duluth dancing in a way that totally objectifies women. :lol:

#nopantsuits

#whereisthepole

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

A defense of Ausmus, Wolanin, Shaw, Peski, and Colton Poolman just played UMD for 40 minutes to a draw (and probably should've won). 

Lots of things to talk about in last night's game and the weekend in general.  But this ^.  Seems to me like we should be very optimistic about the state of the defense for the next few years.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

From the Herald article:

Nicely done Berry.  No comments on the opposing bench.

Love our coach.

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Typically you see the guy try to pull up at the end. Pionk actually tried to give some extra.

I don't recall last time I've seen a guy run a goalie like that.  How blatant.

25 minutes ago, dagies said:

I don't recall last time I've seen a guy run a goalie like that.  How blatant.

In the 2000 West Regional at Mariucci, a Niagara player ran our goaltender on purpose. Mike Commodore then ran him into the boards before the refs came over to break it up. If fighting had been legal at the time, I suspect Commodore would have ended that guy's career. As it was, the punk only got 2:00 in the box. It should have been five and game. And I think the referee was Don Adam. Not surprising.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I've ever seen a player drop his shoulder through a goalie like that.  But if you gave me two choices for a Duluth player to pull a classless move like that choices would be:

1. Pionk

2. Pionk 

Dirty player, I've said it all year.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mksioux said:

College hockey has two choices - (1) bring back fighting, or (2) be liberal with penalties and suspensions of dirty players.  Hockey is a sport that needs a sense of justice (formal or informal) to keep equilibrium.

Penalties and suspensions is the way to go. Head injuries are not a joke and fighting only raises the chances even higher. 

Reviewing games each weekend to hand out suspensions seems like an easy route to crack down on it.

• Upvote 1

Old school Sioux hockey he wouldn't have walked off the ice. I wish UMD was in our bracket in Fargo... Guy is a punk and deserves to get crushed. 

That's why hockey has fighting, not the Tie Domi vs. Probert staged tough guys squaring off... But to police the dirty players when the refs refuse to. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, mujack said:

Old school Sioux hockey he wouldn't have walked off the ice. I wish UMD was in our bracket in Fargo... Guy is a punk and deserves to get crushed. 

That's why hockey has fighting, not the Tie Domi vs. Probert staged tough guys squaring off... But to police the dirty players when the refs refuse to. 

Got your wish.

2 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

if Duluth plays like last night with ECAC refs they will spend the weekend down 2

No chance.  They knew who Anderson was, and Sandy is no dummy.  They have the skill and experience to play the right way when they want/have to.

30 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Any chance he sits next weekend once league reviews tape?

Can the league impose suspensions to players for postseason NCAA tournament?

They won't if they can.  At least when Paukovich broke Bina's neck Gwoz gave him an institutional game penalty.  Sandeline gave Pionk a pat on the back. 

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Can the league impose suspensions to players for postseason NCAA tournament?

They won't if they can.  At least when Paukovich broke Bina's neck Gwoz gave him an institutional game penalty.  Sandeline gave Pionk a pat on the back. 

Gwoz is one of the best and a classy coach.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Any chance he sits next weekend once league reviews tape?

I just find it hard to believe the league/NCAA wouldn't look at that Pionk bulldozer play.

You can't come up with a valid reason he did what he did. If they call that play correctly(5+game), I don't think that game gets out of hand like it did.

And to not give Toninato at least a 10 minute misconduct for his temper tantrums is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Berry is a class guy; I expect nothing less from him.

I loved the chip on Berry's shoulder when talking in the interviews! He was pissed, he was very proud of his team bragged up the leadership that has finally taken charge of this year's Sioux team! I bet he told his team, I hope we get these clowns in Fargo! I hoped they did also, before the I seen the selection show, it is going to be a long week!

Go Sioux!

• Upvote 3

How could the on ice officials review that hit on CJ and not throw Pionk out of the game?  Honestly, Todd Anderson needs to be forced out of the league.  Pionk needs to get two games minimum - one for the one he should have been thrown out of, and one for supplemental punishment.  And if worthless jackbag Donnie Adam doesn't do it, then Fenton needs to fire both Adam and Anderson, and give Pionk the two games himself.  The tournament is a boon to the league really only because of UND fans - UND certainly shouldn't get special treatment because of it, but they sure as hell had better get fair treatment.

4 minutes ago, DamStrait said:

How could the on ice officials review that hit on CJ and not throw Pionk out of the game?  Honestly, Todd Anderson needs to be forced out of the league.  Pionk needs to get two games minimum - one for the one he should have been thrown out of, and one for supplemental punishment.  And if worthless jackbag Donnie Adam doesn't do it, then Fenton needs to fire both Adam and Anderson, and give Pionk the two games himself.  The tournament is a boon to the league really only because of UND fans - UND certainly shouldn't get special treatment because of it, but they sure as hell had better get fair treatment.

I said last night that someone should have walked Anderson to the 35W bridge, dangled him over the edge and threatened to drop him unless he gave  his resignation.

In all seriousness, how the hell is this clown still here? He's been terrible since the WCHA days. He goes out of his way to yell at the players, tries to make it all about him, and refuses to let the players decide the game. 27 minor penalties last night. That should never happen, especially not in a championship game. 

He should have been gone long ago and I would love to see the justification to keeping him around. 

• Upvote 1