SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD - NCHC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Like the SCSU WCHA Playoff Champs OT win over UND all those years ago.

This one is just tainted for a different reason.

You mean when Andy Kollar got tackled in the crease while one of their other players shot it into the empty net in OT? After Travis Roche tied it with 11 seconds remaining in regulation? And the comeback was started by St. Cloud's goalie scoring on himself?

Yeah, I was there for that. It was the first Final Five in the then brand new Xcel Energy Center (2001).

And yes, I am still bitter about it! :angry:

What an absolutely disgusting game. I hope the NCHC reviews the officiating in this game. It was ugly overall.

I hope karma will catchĀ up with UMD in the tournament. Their flopping to make sure penalties were called is embarrassing to the sport.Ā 

I actually don't have much to say for how UND played. Tucker going down really hurts. I hope he'll be ok for the tournament.

• Upvote 2

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, lost a TON of respect for Sandelin after this weekend. Team played like a group of little B1Tches!!! I'll be cheering against them, regardless of who they are playing. I'd rather see the Gophers win over those punks.

They've been playing like that for at least the last 4 years IMO. I lost a lot of respect for them and their fans back in '09.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, lost a TON of respect for Sandelin after this weekend. Team played like a group of little B1Tches!!! I'll be cheering against them, regardless of who they are playing. I'd rather see the Gophers win over those punks.

I hear ya Bro, sad to see a UND alum coach that way, lost a lot of respect for him!

• Upvote 2

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

They've been playing like that for at least the last 4 years IMO. I lost a lot of respect for them and their fans back in '09.

Maybe so, I didn't see that many cheap shots in our earlier match ups. Tonight it was blatant though, they were out to injure, rather than win. Pretty much ready to write Sandlin out of the UND record books and history books after that though. I don't give a F who you are, or what you did here, when you send your players out to injure the opposition, you are pretty much garbage. I respect the Gwoz over Sandelin right now. I know there were a lot of people who wanted Sandelin to be hired over Hakstol back in the day, but tonight solidified that Hak was a better choice. I wouldn't want to see our guys playing like that, so screw Sandelin and his team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, STS said:

Sandy and Herter are yours now Duluth, UND no longer claims them. Ā 

Ā 

Duluth is a trash barrel of a team filled with dirty punks and diving fairies.

Agreed, Duluth can keep them and their trash. Don't even want them around.

• Upvote 2