SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

On 6/5/2017 at 9:06 AM, MafiaMan said:

If they're picking up the tab for it, sure, why wouldn't I?  College athletes are becoming nothing more than free agents these days anyways.  Can't crack the line-up at a big school?  Transfer to a smaller one.  Have a good year at a small school and think you can make a name for yourself?  Transfer to a bigger one.  

I fail to see the problem

40 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Wazzu?  They haven't been relevant since Klay Thompson was there. 

Nope, they haven't.  But they do play in the PAC 12.  Trips to UCLA, USC, Oregon, Utah, Arizona etc...bit of an upgrade from the Big Sky conference.

10 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Sucks to lose him, but best of luck to the kid. I'll have slighty more interest in Wazzu next year.

nobody will be watching him in the post season next season...W ST.  serious contender for last place in Pac 12..

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2017 at 10:30 AM, CMSioux said:

So whay is the reason for becoming a graduate transfer? Is it because the school you are at doesn't offer the graduate program you want?

Not speaking specifically on this particular case, but very often it is the same reason you see any student go to a different school for their masters. Different school have more emphasis on different programs. Just depends on what they are looking to do.

I'm guessing Bernstine had an opportunity to play at the next level and wanted to try it. As someone pointed out, he'll get to experience some cool travel in some much bigger arenas. Sucks to see him go, but I can see why it would be tough not to take that opportunity too.

16 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Josh Perkins will be a Jr at Gonzaga.  Drick and him were close personal friends with a Colorado AAU team, and it's been written about. The move to Wash St seems to be a way they can see each other more and even catch games, as Gonzaga is not that far.  

Drick's move is strategic. It is about getting UND into the PAC12. Drick will end up being a liasion between UND and their future conference. ;)

• Upvote 2