SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I thought McCauley played in the Hawaii tourney?

he did (a whopping 14 minutes in 2 games) , but hasn't in the last two games.  Only reason I state that is I thought I heard Raulson say in the Troy game that the plan was to redshirt him before Collins left.  Unless he is hurt but watching the game I didn't see or remember anything happening. It would be nice to have some indication one way or the other. 

Now to be fair, I am not all privy to the whole redshirt rules nowadays, so I might need a refresher. 

UND is one injury away from their big men from having a serious issue on their hands.  They need all the help they can get, even at 6'6.  Wonder if the 4 guard lineup + Avants/Jones will make an appearance at some point during the year. Walter needs to find a way to get it going.   2 ppg off the bench won't get the job done, this team needs more. 

I wish we still had Shanks. 

26 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Now to be fair, I am not all privy to the whole redshirt rules nowadays, so I might need a refresher. 

Under the current rules, once you play in a non-exhibition game, your redshirt is pulled. Barring injury, I would guess anyone who hasn't played to date is red-shirting and Moody is the only one who hasn't played. 

6 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

If moody does not play vs the little sisters of the poor level of competition

tonight then redshirting...if not redshirting expect him to transfer out if he is behind d2 caliber guards brown and trey who is a whopping 20% from the field

Have you seen him practice?  He's better than these two?

56 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

he did (a whopping 14 minutes in 2 games) , but hasn't in the last two games.  Only reason I state that is I thought I heard Raulson say in the Troy game that the plan was to redshirt him before Collins left.  Unless he is hurt but watching the game I didn't see or remember anything happening. It would be nice to have some indication one way or the other. 

UND is one injury away from their big men from having a serious issue on their hands.  They need all the help they can get, even at 6'6.  Wonder if the 4 guard lineup + Avants/Jones will make an appearance at some point during the year. Walter needs to find a way to get it going.   2 ppg off the bench won't get the job done, this team needs more. 

and Bernstine, and if I had to choose 1

8 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

If moody does not play vs the little sisters of the poor level of competition

tonight then redshirting...if not redshirting expect him to transfer out if he is behind d2 caliber guards brown and trey who is a whopping 20% from the field

Maybe they came to a mutual decision that him red-shirting was the best overall decision.

You have some odd fascination writing everyone off as a transfer and being hypercritical of all decisions made. Unless you are in the gym everyday, I'm not sure where your knowledge comes from....

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Maybe they came to a mutual decision that him red-shirting was the best overall decision.

You have some odd fascination writing everyone off as a transfer and being hypercritical of all decisions made. Unless you are in the gym everyday, I'm not sure where your knowledge comes from....

Moody did not come to und to pick up splinters from riding the pine..so redshirt or transfer, like already said

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Mr. Shanks is tearing it up in Chicago  -  6 PTS. in 4 games.  Would still be a good plug in the middle when avants needs a rest.

14 minutes ago, UND92 said:

Mr. Shanks is tearing it up in Chicago  -  6 PTS. in 4 games.  Would still be a good plug in the middle when avants needs a rest.

And that was only in 1 game, against a lower division team, and he played 7 minutes.

23 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

McCually not redshirting...already played...if a kid is 6’6 can walk and chew gum at the same time he should be able to find minutes on this team

UND needs all the height help they can get. 

36 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Didn’t Franken play as well?

I guess 4 minutes against Troy.  I really hope he can get more minutes than that against actual competition (not counting tonight) if we are burning his shirt. 

24 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Moody did not come to und to pick up splinters from riding the pine..so redshirt or transfer, like already said

I would think it is pretty obvious he'll redshirt at this point. There isn't going to be enough minutes to make it worthwhile. Geno is playing 36+ a night. Stewart and Seales are going to be 30+. That leaves 24 minutes or spread between Kinsey, Brown and I guess Buchanan. If you want to add in the 4 spot, you might be able to take a few minutes from there after the majority go to Jones and probably McCauley.

Not sure why the decision was made between Buchanan over Moody but when it is for limited minutes, it isn't always a choice made based on talent.

On 11/3/2017 at 3:52 PM, jdub27 said:

My thoughts/concerns:
-One senior on the team and he's new (Jones). Someone or multiple people need to step up and fill the gigantic hole left by the graduation of Q and his leadership.
-Can UND play effective up and down basketball and can they get other teams to go along with them? They are going to need to in order to be effective since they are incredibly thin at the post.
-Play fundamental basketball, will go a long way with the current roster make up. I see a lot of three pointers being shot this year, securing position and getting second chance points, while limiting them on the other end, will be huge.
-Replacing Q's leadership. So important I put it twice. I don't think it can be overstated what someone with that amount of talent and leadership brings to the table and how huge that is for a program.

If I was Moody I would work on the 3 ball for hours every day. A sniper from 3 is something this team doesn’t have and could really use with how well the guards can slash.

• 3 months later...