SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Make it 3....

4 with South Dakota State.

My understanding from asking,  is that all money games are anywhere from 70K to 105K.  The person I know didn't know exact amounts., but did know that they fell into that range.

I realize that UND Athletics is hurting for revenue, but 4 money games seems a bit much of an ask for a program who just went to the dance.  Maybe they should shell out some $'s like SDSU, and bring some quality opponents in because that is what it will take to get some fairly decent home games. 

This much can be said....Football and Men's Basketball are more than doing their part to prop up the department budget.  Granted they are they only 2 that can essentially  go get games like that...but just saying.

SDSU is paying UND to come in.

Not sure about NDSU. Maybe they pay Stetson & Florida A&M.

I'm just a little envious that SDSU is in a position where they don't even have to consider a home & home non conference arrangement with UND.  They are so flush down there that they just say here's 70K or whatever it is, and say take it or leave it.  It would be nice if the shoe was on UND's foot.  Or at least equal footing.  However made up this feeling is by me...but I can't help but be irritated when a school who is in our corridor is essentially saying to us, "we are so much better than you, or at least so much better off than you, that we don't even have to consider coming to your place to play- we'll just get our our pocket book and you'll come runnin."  I'm probably alone in that it irritates me, and I sit there and think, how did it ever come to this.  I understand going to get money games from the Nebraska's, Creighton's and Gonzagaz'a...but at least to me when it's SDSU...it seems sort of demeaning.  But I come from an era of fan where the D2 rivalry with the rabbits was super, so naturally it's going to bother me more.

1 hour ago, the green team said:

I'm just a little envious that SDSU is in a position where they don't even have to consider a home & home non conference arrangement with UND.  They are so flush down there that they just say here's 70K or whatever it is, and say take it or leave it.  It would be nice if the shoe was on UND's foot.  Or at least equal footing.  However made up this feeling is by me...but I can't help but be irritated when a school who is in our corridor is essentially saying to us, "we are so much better than you, or at least so much better off than you, that we don't even have to consider coming to your place to play- we'll just get our our pocket book and you'll come runnin."  I'm probably alone in that it irritates me, and I sit there and think, how did it ever come to this.  I understand going to get money games from the Nebraska's, Creighton's and Gonzagaz'a...but at least to me when it's SDSU...it seems sort of demeaning.  But I come from an era of fan where the D2 rivalry with the rabbits was super, so naturally it's going to bother me more.

Thanks for the clarification on SDSU, I hadn't heard either way on that. I'm pretty surprised they were willing to pay that much for UND to come down there. I don't believe their offer in past years was even close to that when they were offering a buy game instead of a home/home. What's even more surprising is their attendance last season wasn't a whole lot better than UND's (less than 200 more/game), though historidcally gap is usually a bit larger.

Maybe they will find a way to use some of the money to get a few home games. I know it's been mentioned before, but working with NDSU to bring teams in to play two games should definitely be looked at. Might be easier once both are in the Summit and schedules line up a little better.

I get where you're coming from with SDSU. With this possibly being more of a rebuilding year for UND, they may have been more willing to pay to bring them in than they would have last year and UND took what will end up being a fairly profitable trip against a team they think they can still knock off.

1 hour ago, the green team said:

Agree, I went to many games in the Fieldhouse against these bunnies. Next year we're in the Summit, so that changes most of this, except for their arrogance, and then later in the MVFC. Since the xdsu's went Div I, arrogance (with fans, coaches, and administrations) went over the top. We are going to fix that.

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Its not a bad non-conference schedule, its certainly a step up from last year.  I think they could go .500 in non-conference and go about 10-8 (give or take) in conference.  That would put them around 15-17 wins before BSC Tourney play. 

Expecting wins in the 20s if Jones and Stewart are anywhere effective.  Buchanan  and Aanen and Kinsey could provide upside surprises.  This presumes no more injuries and DUIs.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Expecting wins in the 20s if Jones and Stewart are anywhere effective.  Buchanan  and Aanen and Kinsey could provide upside surprises.  This presumes no more injuries and DUIs.

I'd love to go more, but there is a few too many questions right now to do so.  Could they put it all together and go on a run?  Absolutely

I still says its Idaho's to lose. 

43 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

You guys are talking about SDSU not being a home and home.  Wouldn't that be because this is are last year in the Big Sky?

They(Coaching Staff)  have been trying to get them here to The Betty the last couple of years.  Especially last year.  It would have been nice to have them come to GF last year and then played down in Brookings this year (home&home). They could have saved the 70K, and our fans would have had at least another quality opponent to see on our court.  However thats not how it worked out.   You're right it doesn't matter after this year as next year both will be in The Summit.  But they  are probably arrogant enough to try and attempt to buy a conference game out-(joking)  they must really not want to paly here :lol:

• Upvote 2

Utah Valley/transfer U  ...Will likely have the most raw talent of any team to grace the Betty in a long time.  3 BYU Transfers, plus transfers from Kent St.  Utah,  Xavier and  7 ft. Manyang from Oklahoma who was the number rated Juco in 2015.. Utah V.   Opens at Kentucky and Duke....good RPI game

7 hours ago, hoops44 said:

Blue Ribbon Year Book which is by far the most comprehensive and respected preseason NCAA basketball  publication...has pegged UND 9th in the BSC ..no players on preseason all league team .   Last year they were only pre season guide to pick UND first.

You have the list of how they ranked all 12? 9th just seems too low