SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

49 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

So sorry bud but Bradley is not a big pay day game

Actually, I believe it was.  From what I was told it was a substantial pay day, as are most 1 and done's with Valley Schools (they've got money to bring in opponents).  Plus we got the win.  I'm just pointing out that 2 money games a year has been pretty standard since the move Division 1, something you previously stated wasn't the case.  I was attempted to use facts to show that you may have been mistaken.

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

So sorry bud but Bradley is not a big pay day game

I know that they paid more than bus fare and he left out that UND also played at Kansas State that season.  A B1G team, a B12 team and a MVC team. 

Also played at Bowling Green in 2013/2014.

Looks to me that 2016-2017 was the outlier. Guessing they would have scheduled another money game but they instead were trying to get a home game that fell through.

The NDSU men's game on Dec 9th at UND is part of a doubleheader mens/women's against NDSU of course.  Since its a Saturday, and the hockey team is on the road at St Cloud St, it must be at the Ralph.  Highly doubt they would schedule a double header at the Betty against NDSU.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Jones should read these mental midgets the riot act... Do they need to kill someone before their brain cells function with respect to driving drunk

And we only hear about when they get caught. Have to wonder how many times they don't.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Haven't found anything on more non-conference games... anybody heard/seen anything lately?

Neither have I, but the small, pocket size athletic schedules are out at area stores/banks.  The Men's bball schedule is on there, but doesn't have any games we aren't already aware of.  Not sure if that means it's final or not?

58 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Neither have I, but the small, pocket size athletic schedules are out at area stores/banks.  The Men's bball schedule is on there, but doesn't have any games we aren't already aware of.  Not sure if that means it's final or not?

How many games are on the schedule?

I tried to attach the link to the September Men's BB Newsletter but it would cooperate.  Cutting and pasting, here the text without the glitz ..... 

Alumni,

As we begin to write another chapter in the University of North Dakota Men’s Basketball book under Coach Jones’ we wanted to extend a major THANK YOU to all of you that have come before us and helped build the foundation on which our program stands. Although the 2016-17 season was a historic year, we recognize that there are many more historic people in the UND Men’s Basketball family which makes us very proud to wear green and white. We feel your support and look forward to you embracing the 2017-18 roster that we’ve assembled.

As you know, we had quite a few holes to fill due to graduation and unexpected departures. With that being said, we are very excited about the individuals that will represent our university, our program, and our alumni not only as basketball players, but as people. We’ve added very dynamic guards, as well as skilled forwards that can stretch the defense.  We return three proven players in Crandall, Seales, and Avants that we will lean on heavily for leadership.

Our one word for the team in the 2017-18 season is INVEST. You will read it (social media), you will hear it (interviews), you will see it (t-shirts) and we hope that you will embrace it as well. Not only are we going to invest in our 2017-18 roster, but we’d like to invest in you and you in us as well.

One date that we’d like you to invest in is December 9th (NDSU) when we host the Bison at 7:00PM. There will be a schedule of events that weekend that will be communicated to you in the near future. This is a great opportunity invest in old teammates/coaches as well as investing in our 2017-18 team. Additionally, if you’re ever in town, we’d love to have you stop by and connect with our staff and players. As always, we appreciate your support and we look forward to seeing what is written in the 12th chapter of Coach Jones’ tenure at UND.

FOLLOW US @UNDMBasketball

What’s happening with the Fighting Hawks

Q On August 2nd, Quinton Hooker signed his first professional basketball contract with the GTK Gliwice, a team out of Poland.

The BETTY GETS UPGRADES

Brand New Banners

LED Lights

THE ADDITION OF THREE TRANSFERS

Dale Jones – 6’7 – Graduate Transfer – Iowa

Jaqwan McCauley – 6’6 – Junior – Tyler CC

Carter Brooks – 6’7 – Sophomore – Concordia, St. Paul