SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Hawks vs AZ. Wildcats

hoops44

On 3/14/2017 at 9:20 PM, WildcatGuest said:

Just wanted to say friendly hello and gain some more info on your team.

Other than random threads, the only info we seem to have is this
http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2017/3/13/14902182/ncaa-tournament-in-depth-look-analysis-arizona-wildcats-first-round-matchup-north-dakota-bracket
Would you say this is pretty accurate?

Will Fighting Hawks utilize a zone?  Arizona's offense looks confused and constipated for a good few minutes when even a simple zone is implemented.

Our 7'0 Serbian center Ristic actually does worse against smaller athletic  4s than traditional bigs.  How athletic is your smaller front line?  

How deep does your bench run?  Arizona will try to wear down as teams can go 8-9 deep depending on opponent.  

No one in the tourney is to be overlooked, but I'm interested to see how the low post size difference is compensated for.  Wichita State cut us off at the knees last year, by completely shutting down our guards which starved our much bigger and stronger frontline.   Though, Arizona's has a 15 seed loss in history, I believe it took a certain Steve Nash to accomplish that task.

Regardless, I look forward to watching the game.  From my reading of his style of play, I expect at least Hooker to go off.    Thank you for allowing me to post on your forum. 

STEVE KERR!  

I am so old-school that I remember when Arizona fans would yell that when he scored.  That was awesome.  

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

STEVE KERR!  

I am so old-school that I remember when Arizona fans would yell that when he scored.  That was awesome.  

ha that is old school.  I had no idea Lute had such connections to North Dakota.  I'm looking forward to a smooth, high scoring, game tomorrow.   I personally defense may go uut the door and it will be a shoot out,

Here is an article about our end about how the Hawks will try to upset

high praise to your backcourt

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2017/3/15/14941338/arizona-wildcats-basketball-north-dakota-fighting-hawks-backcourt-ncaa-tournament-hooker-crandall

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2017/3/15/14941802/ncaa-tournament-north-dakota-to-rebound-value-basketball-zone-upset-arizona-time-tv-preview 

looks like the zone won't happen

29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Ease. The reason most people have to abort a dunk in mid air when they realize they aren't gonna be able to get up there.

people who can barely dunk are unable to dunk with 2 hands ..much less off a one step jump...

11 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I attended this evening's team practice and team dinner.  They sure seem excited but relaxed!  I don't think they will be intimidated tonight.

Remember when you thought UND wouldn't be able to compete in Division I in any sport but football, and only Winona State and not UND could win a d2 basketball championship.