SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

Fire Jones!

He showed me why he is a horrible coach. Last night's game, he truly gave up! He had Antwi, Hoover ad Hobaugh in the game, no Nash or Huff. Really? They didn't play well early on, so give up on him. Coach K, would never give up Jabari Parker...A head coach is supposed to lean on his guys to turn it around. He is a joke and obviously does not like to win!

Again fire Jones. I can't watch this next batch of players coming up, being coached by this idiot for the next 3-4 years!

• Upvote 1

Jones took us to the NCC title game in just his second season, won two Great West tournaments, and in two seasons in the Big Sky will finish no worse than 3rd. He is 100% not getting fired this year. If next season goes in the toilet then maybe we can have this discussion but it isn't happening this year.

Jones also went 15-15 and 2-10 in the NCC that year (2007-08). The teams they lost to in OOC play was Adams St, Colorado-Colorado Springs, Northern State. He had a good run in the conference tournament after a dismal season.

Fire Jones!

He showed me why he is a horrible coach. Last night's game, he truly gave up! He had Antwi, Hoover ad Hobaugh in the game, no Nash or Huff. Really? They didn't play well early on, so give up on him. Coach K, would never give up Jabari Parker...A head coach is supposed to lean on his guys to turn it around. He is a joke and obviously does not like to win!

Again fire Jones. I can't watch this next batch of players coming up, being coached by this idiot for the next 3-4 years!

You do realize that when he took out NAsh and Huff we were down like 15. When the other guys came in they got it to within 2? Huff and Nash were playing awful. Aren't people always critical of coaches that don't make in game adjustments? Jones adjust ment to change up the lineup nearly worked!! I get it that it was a bad team. But if Nash and Huff aren't going to playeven close to their potential, why have them in there? If anything I give credit to Jones for sitting those guys. Tells them and the rest of the team that no one is above this team. Even if you have been a 4 year starter. If you aren't playing well, you are coming out.

• Upvote 1

Fire Jones!

UND might finish second in the Big Sky and you bump a fire jones thread?! Get it together Darrell.

Second place, 15-15 with a 12-8 conference record...is that something to brag about? Yes it gets us into the tournament but barely. The 8th place team is only 2 1/2 games behind us.

No ones claiming jones is a great coach, but correct me if I'm wrong has never finished worse than third in the big sky....hardly getting fired over.

Thank god you aren't Faison new coaches ever other year.

Do you watch UND basketball? We are not going to get anywhere with Jones as a HC. He is not a good coach, at all. He may be a talented recruiter though but so was Mussman supposedly.

No ones claiming jones is a great coach, but correct me if I'm wrong has never finished worse than third in the big sky....hardly getting fired over.

Thank god you aren't Faison new coaches ever other year.

Has only 3 winning seasons in 8 years of coaching, worse than Muss.

Fire Jones!

Check your facts. Nash was in the game at the end.

But 31-32 overall.

Seriously you need to settle down... here is the transition record for SDSU.

2004-05.........Scott Nagy....................................10 ............18

2005-06.........Scott Nagy.....................................9 .............20

2006-07.........Scott Nagy.....................................6 .............24

2007-08.........Scott Nagy.....................................8 .............21

2008-09.........Scott Nagy....................................13 ............20

2009-10.........Scott Nagy....................................14 ............16

2010-11.........Scott Nagy....................................19 ............12

2011-12.........Scott Nagy....................................27 .............8

2012-13.........Scott Nagy....................................25 ............10

He had a year stretch of 60 and 119. It takes time to build a program.

• Upvote 1

Seriously you need to settle down... here is the transition record for SDSU.

2004-05.........Scott Nagy....................................10 ............18

2005-06.........Scott Nagy.....................................9 .............20

2006-07.........Scott Nagy.....................................6 .............24

2007-08.........Scott Nagy.....................................8 .............21

2008-09.........Scott Nagy....................................13 ............20

2009-10.........Scott Nagy....................................14 ............16

2010-11.........Scott Nagy....................................19 ............12

2011-12.........Scott Nagy....................................27 .............8

2012-13.........Scott Nagy....................................25 ............10

He had a year stretch of 60 and 119. It takes time to build a program.

Look at his last 3 seasons and the last 3 (including this one) of Jones...

17-14, 15-16, and currently 15-15. Where is the improvement?

Look at his last 3 seasons and the last 3 (including this one) of Jones...

17-14, 15-16, and currently 15-15. Where is the improvement?

2007 was the first year of Summit and being apart of AQ conference. So, it took him about 4 years to make that transition. This is Jone's 2nd year in an AQ conference and he has finish 3rd twice and made a very nice run in his first conference tourney pushing Weber St. in the semi's. He deserves a couple of more years. Come on Daryl you'r better than that - you can not simply compare the last 3 years for both programs. Being playoff eligible for 5 and in a AQ conference in 6 compared to 2 is a big difference.

Has only 3 winning seasons in 8 years of coaching, worse than Muss.

What place did UND football finish in the regular season this year?

What place did UND basketball?

Brian Jones ain't getting fired for possibly finishing second in the league in his second year. It's preposterous.

2007 was the first year of Summit and being apart of AQ conference. So, it took him about 4 years to make that transition. This is Jone's 2nd year in an AQ conference and he has finish 3rd twice and made a very nice run in his first conference tourney pushing Weber St. in the semi's. He deserves a couple of more years. Come on Daryl you'r better than that - you can not simply compare the last 3 years for both programs. Being playoff eligible for 5 and in a AQ conference in 6 compared to 2 is a big difference.

How about the other SU, NDSU went to the dance in Saul's second year and first year in an AQ. He has had two losing seasons in 8 years. Why can't we find a coach like that. I'm sorry if you don't agree with my reasons for getting rid of Jones, but there are better coaches than him out there.

• Upvote 1

How about the other SU, NDSU went to the dance in Saul's second year and first year in an AQ. He has had two losing seasons in 8 years. Why can't we find a coach like that. I'm sorry if you don't agree with my reasons for getting rid of Jones, but there are better coaches than him out there.

OK Darrell I'll play - Saul inherited that NCAA team (the coach responsible for that is now in the Big 10 - Saul an't going to the Big 10) and since then 6th, 7th, 4th and 3rd in the Summit. He did win the Summit this year and looks like they have a good chance at going to the NCAA. NOTE: UND and Jones beat that team badly and UND has a very good chance of making a run in the Big Sky also. So, what is your point... you're just made that UND lost a game on the road to a bad team. It happens get over it it is not the end of the world. Let the season run its course.

OK Darrell I'll play - Saul inherited that NCAA team (the coach responsible for that is now in the Big 10 - Saul an't going to the Big 10) and since then 6th, 7th, 4th and 3rd in the Summit. He did win the Summit this year and looks like they have a good chance at going to the NCAA. NOTE: UND and Jones beat that team badly and UND has a very good chance of making a run in the Big Sky also. So, what is your point... you're just made that UND lost a game on the road to a bad team. It happens get over it it is not the end of the world. Let the season run its course.

My point was you looked at a transistion team and I looked at a transition team obviously NDSU had greater success early on but SDSU has success of late. Jones in his 8 years of coaching has never seen 20 wins (17 is closest) he hasn't had an OOC road win since February 2012 against Longwood, yes Longwood. With the talent jones has UND can beat NDSU but lose to Cal Poly, Bowling Green and SUU. His teams are very inconsistent, I will of course root for him and this team but if they lose I won't be shocked. I wish them good luck in the tourament and hope they prove me wrong by going dancing.

My point was you looked at a transistion team and I looked at a transition team obviously NDSU had greater success early on but SDSU has success of late. Jones in his 8 years of coaching has never seen 20 wins (17 is closest) he hasn't had an OOC road win since February 2012 against Longwood, yes Longwood. With the talent jones has UND can beat NDSU but lose to Cal Poly, Bowling Green and SUU. His teams are very inconsistent, I will of course root for him and this team but if they lose I won't be shocked. I wish them good luck in the tourament and hope they prove me wrong by going dancing.

My point is at the Mid Major level it takes time to build a program. UND is just starting 2nd yr eliable and 2 yr in AQ conference. Look at the talent Jones has landed in the that 2 yr span.

- guard from Milwaukee

- forward from Texas Tech

- center from Utah St.

- Mr Basketball from Minnesota Hooker

plus several other transfers..

Give him sometime to see what he can do.. the team is up a down. It is his first class at D-1. I think three straight post seasons and a potentially a 4th is not too bad a start. Can it be better sure, but not bad.

My point is at the Mid Major level it takes time to build a program. UND is just starting 2nd yr eliable and 2 yr in AQ conference. Look at the talent Jones has landed in the that 2 yr span.

- guard from Milwaukee

- center from Utah St.

Give him sometime to see what he can do.. the team is up a down. It is his first class at D-1. I think three straight post seasons and a potentially a 4th is not too bad a start. Can it be better sure, but not bad.

pretty sure estan tyler is a mr basketball himself also

- guard from Milwaukee

- center from Utah St.

Your point is well taken, maybe it's the up and down every season, the near .500 record that gets my frustration. I knew during GWC play that you need to be patient because during transition you need to filter the DII talent and get DI talent, so maybe I am overreacting and seeing how quick the women went to the top of the conference and get 20 wins (host the conference tournament) furthers my frustration. I just don't want this team to end up on the slide the football team was going on.