SiouxSports.com Forum
darell1976

Coach Jones?

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Which part?

The part where the point in sports is to see who makes it further in the season?

Or the part where no schools #1 sport is women's basketball?

Hey, we can agree to disagree but I would consider it a better coaching job/season if a team goes 20-3 and loses in 1st round of a post-regular season tourney than if the same team goes 13-10 and loses in the 2nd round of a post-regular season tourney (especially when you're talking just 1 a game "series" where anything can happen).  Explain how not facing a school's #1 sport gives Brewster 8 free wins?  Seriously, you lost me there.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Hey, we can agree to disagree but I would consider it a better coaching job/season if a team goes 20-3 and loses in 1st round of a post-regular season tourney than if the same team goes 13-10 and loses in the 2nd round of a post-regular season tourney (especially when you're talking just 1 a game "series" where anything can happen).  Explain how not facing a school's #1 sport gives Brewster 8 free wins?  Seriously, you lost me there.

I'll take the team that doesn't constantly choke in the first round and goes further in the season.

13-10 with a March Madness birth all day long. But to each their own.

As you go down the list of "less popular sports" among NCAA schools (below Football and Mens basketball) it becomes easier to win by the "smaller schools." It's why Duluth can win a D1 title in hockey. It's why Coastal Carolina can win a championship in baseball,  Akron can win a championship in Soccer, and University of Portland in Women's Soccer.

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

I'll take the team that doesn't constantly choke in the first round and goes further in the season.

13-10 with a March Madness birth all day long. But to each their own.

As you go down the list of "less popular sports" among NCAA schools (below Football and Mens basketball) it becomes easier to win by the "smaller schools." It's why Duluth can win a D1 title in hockey. It's why Coastal Carolina can win a championship in baseball,  Akron can win a championship in Soccer, and University of Portland in Women's Soccer.

And Denver can win a DI lacrosse and too many national hockey championships.