SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Dance Media Coverage

homer

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

I think a high level meeting at UND is a little more important than defending UND on KFAN.

It's called promoting.  Better have been a real urgent meeting.  

He would have been on the radio for 10 minutes, tops.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

"High level meeting"?

It's 8 minutes of free advertising on the most fertile recruiting ground you have in the region during a time when you just advanced to the Big Dance for the first time in school history.

Either carve out 8-10 minutes, or have an assistant take the call, or reschedule.

You don't just "no call, no show".

I know, they get invites to KFAN all the time.

Seriously?  Chill out man. So he missed an opportunity to talk about UND on a Minneapolis radio station. Big freakin deal. I doubt missing a 10 min interview on a "sports radio show" (cough) is going to drastically hurt your recruiting opportunity in the Twin Cities. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Seriously?  Chill out man. So he missed an opportunity to talk about UND on a Minneapolis radio station. Big freakin deal. I doubt missing a 10 min interview on a "sports radio show" (cough) is going to drastically hurt your recruiting opportunity in the Twin Cities. 

That may be.  But it sure as hell isn't going to help.

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not letting the radio station know you're cancelling the interview may have a negative effect on future opportunities with said station and that station's portrayal of certain future events as they relate to UND.

• Upvote 4

Barreiro taking sarcastic shots at Jones & UND coming out of the break...

What was supposed to be a positive discussion about the UND Basketball Program and their 1st trip to the Big Dance will now be an occasional running sarcastic joke on KFAN's highest rated program for some time...sigh.

• Upvote 3