SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Frozen Faceoff - Xcel Energy Center

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Take Providence for example....rated below UND is the pairwise, but according to CHN has a greater chance to be in the tournament than UND....87% vs 99%

Huh?

Providence has a 99% chance to be in the national tournament?! LOL

Providence is done. So they don't have any more opportunities to lose and drop. 

33 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Which is not how you do statistics.

The CHN says Denver has only a 51% chance at large (AL) bid...(which is obviously wrong.)

vs Umass-Lowells 80% chance of an at large bid...yeah okay.

(In my Homer Simpson voice) Um, can you repeat the part about the??  I get the 100% part.  He is them saying that the AL and AQ percentages must equal 100.  I guess I can agree that Denver is at those percentages. 

8 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

(In my Homer Simpson voice) Um, can you repeat the part about the??  I get the 100% part.  He is them saying that the AL and AQ percentages must equal 100.  I guess I can agree that Denver is at those percentages. 

I'm saying that's not how statistics work. You don't add the AL and the AQ.

They can and are mutually exclusive. DU does not have a 51% chance to get an at large bid right now.

....I just find it funny if DU losses the semifinal game on Friday their 51% chance at an at large bid jumps to 100%. I get what they are trying to say now. 

16 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

I don't agree here, how can they not drop?  Do comparisons stop for them at this point?

Sorry, yeah they can still drop. Just no more possible losses to cause a significant drop, which is why they're at 99% in. 

One thing UND needs to do a better job at is getting the puck out of their zone. I re watched last nights game and I would say that 4 of the 5 goals St. Cloud had were because UND just failed on a number of occasions to get the puck out of the zone. I sure hope Bubs and the rest of the coaches can get that worked out. It was really bad last night. 

• Upvote 3

The sledding is about to get a little tougher now.  It's nice to sweep two weekends in a row, but from two teams who aren't in the tournament to three of the top four teams in the country is a meaningful jump.   We are certainly capable of beating anybody, but it'll be a less forgiving bunch. 

Two of the top four, at least.  We'll see what havoc Deano can wreak.

Just now, MafiaMan said:

I got an e-mail from Target Center advertising $20 single-day tickets.  Nose-bleed seats?

I may have 4 seats available for the Non-Sioux games if you want them. You would have to sit with me and my daughter...Lol. The rest of the family will be shopping during the other two games. If they don't go, which I think is a huge possibility, they are yours free...

114 row P. 

1 minute ago, bigskyvikes said:

I may have 4 seats available for the Non-Sioux games if you want them. You would have to sit with me and my daughter...Lol. The rest of the family will be shopping during the other two games. If they don't go, which I think is a huge possibility, they are yours free...

114 row P. 

Isn't it one ticket per session though?

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Oh really?  So you're sayin' four seats available for Friday night's game, eh?

Yes and hopefully the early game on Saturday.... If you know what I mean..

As long as the rest of the family doesn't all of a sudden become Non-Sioux hockey watchers. Pretty sure that won't happen. I can let you know for sure by Wednesday. Unless that screws up your chance at buying others? How many would you want?

12 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Did we get a time yet?

Apparently not.  If Denver has any say-so, I would think they would want the early start. If the game is moved to the night-cap for "attendance purposes," we can all stop complaining about the old "Gopher Rule" at the Final Five!  :lol:

• Upvote 2