SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament

SiouxScore

Final Moorhead 4 Hill-Murray 2 setting up a Lakeville South/Moorhead matchup tomorrow night for a spot in the final. Frisch is really smooth with the puck and always seems to make the right decision. Seems like he could almost be a little more aggressive with rushing the puck if he wanted to. The JR top line of Randklev, O'Connell, and Stetz was very good and is highly skilled but Moorhead also gets great contribution from their depth and can play 4 lines. They've only dressed 7 SRs in their lineup for most of the year a forward on their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines, 3 defensemen, and their backup goalie. Things have set up well for them this year but they could be even better next season.

22 minutes ago, tnt said:

Really like Sam Huff for Maple Grove. Crafty player along the lines of Matt Read. Would imagine he'll play college somewhere after some Junior hockey.

First time watching him for me this year and he looks very good. I really hope Berry, Jackson, and Shaw are after him hard. I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit somewhere soon after the tourney.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

He sold it but it was a hook too. I've seen much worse embellishment go uncalled.

Not gonna defend that. I don't care if he is a recruit. MG got the stick up high, hut didn't pull or tug. Soon as Hain felt it he clamped down and hit the ice. Bush league.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not gonna defend that. I don't care if he is a recruit. MG got the stick up high, hut didn't pull or tug. Soon as Hain felt it he clamped down and hit the ice. Bush league.

I thought Huff gave him a pretty decent tug. Either way it's one play I'm not gonna put a whole lot of stock into it meaning anything about the way Hain plays the game.

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I thought Huff gave him a pretty decent tug. Either way it's one play I'm not gonna put a whole lot of stock into it meaning anything about the way Hain plays the game.

I'll agree on that, overall Hain is a solid player. Hope for a good showing again tomorrow night. When does he come to UND?

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'll agree on that, overall Hain is a solid player. Hope for a good showing again tomorrow night. When does he come to UND?

Probably either fall 18 or 19. Will be a SR next year he could go USHL but I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay with Rapids next year and just play USHL before and after the season. Both him and McLaughlin had offers to play for the NTDP this year but opted to stay at Rapids.