SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Softball

CMSB95

19 minutes ago, CMSB95 said:

Good luck to the softball team this weekend!  The team is off to their best start ever.  

Who are the teams that they are expected to beat this weekend, and who will be tough?    I've been pretty good at predicting wins-losses going into a weekend so far, but this weekend I have not had a chance to look closely.

• 1 month later...

Dear UND Softball, 

Congratulations. You survived last week. 

Frankly, that means nothing. Yes. Nothing. Performance matters. If you are dregs of whichever league you may reside in, at some point you'll be examined. 

Yes, frank, harsh, direct. But do not sit back and think "you've made it". You've made nothing other than a trip closer to the harsh spotlight. 

Tough to hear, but still good advice. 

Signed,
A UND fan and
a guy that once survived the first two rounds of layoffs at a place that did three

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dear UND Softball, 

Frankly, that means nothing. Yes. Nothing. Performance matters. If you are dregs of whichever league you may reside in, at some point you'll be examined. 

Yes, frank, harsh, direct. But do not sit back and think "you've made it". You've made nothing other than a trip closer to the harsh spotlight. 

Signed,
A UND fan and
a guy that once survived the first two rounds of layoffs at a place that did three

So where did this come from? 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dear UND Softball, 

Signed,
A UND fan and

Did Softball come out and say something about the cuts?  

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm saying now is not the time to relax.
Now is the time to thrive.
It's good advice. 

I'm sure they have no intentions of relaxing.  They were quite aware in the fall when their team was potentially on the chopping block.  I wouldn't think any team would lay on their laurels considering all that has happened these last few months.  Good advice for all teams.

Its nice to see Softball making some strides over the past couple of years, they already matched their win totals from last year.  It would be nice to see them make the conference tournament this year and make a little noise.

Still a pretty young team it appears, bright future for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...