Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - FRIDAY Gameday ********


Recommended Posts

Just now, Stack said:

I am so over Blais. Gees he's been gone for 13 years. He's the coach of the opposing team. yeah I know we all loved him when he coached two national championships for us.

BUT HE IS NOT OUR COACH!!!!

I will be booing him when he is announced this weekend as I would every opposing coach.

He's a big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put the puck in the damn net... that is all

Take the Greenie Weenie Club elsewhere boys.  My God, ye of so little faith.  Embarrassing.   It's Blais.  UNO.  The NCHC.  The NCAA in late February.  Did you expect anything other than a war?  Game

Quite posting as soon as it happens...most of us are on nchc.tv if folks wanted the play by play I would hope they'd have USCHO app...you guys are at the game, watch it 

32 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Congrats for booing a UND legend, I'm sure that'll give our team the boost it needs. He deserves recognition for his massive contributions to this program.

No, he's not our coach anymore but I don't know why that means you can't respect the guy and his legacy. God knows Brad Berry and Dave Hakstol understood they may not be where they are today without him.

IMO the guy earned the admiration he's given from our fans... he's also a genuine & down-to-earth guy if you ever talk to him.

Hey I respect and like Dean. We have spoken a number of times. His North Dakota legacy will live on. But to call him a God is something else. I wish Dean the greatest success when his team is NOT playing ours. This weekend I hope we send Dean back to Omaha with two losses on his coaching record. Does this blemish his North Dakota Legacy? I think not. He will always be revered and liked when it relates to North Dakota hockey. Just not when we're playing his team.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stack said:

I am so over Blais. Gees he's been gone for 13 years. He's the coach of the opposing team. yeah I know we all loved him when he coached two national championships for us.

BUT HE IS NOT OUR COACH!!!!

I will be booing him when he is announced this weekend as I would every opposing coach.

He will always be connected to UND. I would bet he will be back with the program at some point! No matter how big or small the role, just part of it again.

We had drinks with him once, took pics, asked him questions... he said that he "would love to finish at UND in some way". I thought that was a cool thing to say.

Every time the students boo him after his introduction, I cringe!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

He will always be connected to UND. I would bet he will be back with the program at some point! No matter how big or small the role, just part of it again.

We had drinks with him once, took pics, asked him questions... he said that he "would love to finish at UND in some way". I thought that was a cool thing to say.

Every time the students boo him after his introduction, I cringe!

Completely agree..............................................then I make note that these are the same students that were adamant about the F-n Hawks nickname then it makes more sense. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I call a win for UND tonight.  Big night for top line of BB, SG and TJ.  And finally a goal for Wilkie!  No further predictions, it's one game at a time boys!

I'll say you'll score as many as Wilkie tonight...otherwisew I like where you are gong here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Completely agree..............................................then I make note that these are the same students that were adamant about the F-n Hawks nickname then it makes more sense. 

That or that many of them were 5 years old or younger when Blais last one a title for us lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Guns a blazin' on top line 

JJ Rhett Pogo

Yon Simo Olson

Smith Hoff Gornall

Shaw still out

..............and for all you blinded optimists Wilkie won't score tonight

I feel like I'd still rather see Smith up with Rhett and Pogo. JJ does play good D, though. I'm actually digging these lines. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I just can't pick UND.

6-2 UNO

I hope the guys prove me wrong.

It's hard to pick UND lately.  Especially with all their difficulties at home.
With their level of play recently, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sweep.  But also with their issues finding the back of the net lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see them swept.

Hoping for them to find their way now, as I'd sure hate to see that regional in Fargo as a wasted opportunity.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bcblues said:

So many players are "due to have a big game".  Just not sure any will at this point. We just seem to have lost the will or ability to score.

The will?

C'mon. Those guys sold out on Saturday. I thought we've all gotten over this idea that the guys don't try.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

UND’s  lines

19 Shane Gersich–17 Tyson Jost–16 Brock Boeser
25 Joel Janatuinen–22 Rhett Gardner–14 Austin Poganski
7 Zach Yon–10 Johnny Simonson–11 Trevor Olson
26 Cole Smith–27 Ludvig Hoff–13 Mike Gornall

6 Colton Poolman–3 Tucker Poolman
20 Gage Ausmus–4 Andrew Peski
24 Christian Wolanin–5 Casey Johnson

33 Cam Johnson
30 Matt Hrynkiw

Omaha’s lines

11 Mason Morelli–10 Tyler Vesel–25 Justin Parizek
12 David Pope–28 Frederik Olofsson–16 Austin Ortega
19 Tristan Keck–14 Teemu Pulkkinen–26 Steven Spinner
9 Riley Alferd–17 Luke Nogard–7 Colin Grannary

4 Luc Snuggerud–5 Joel Messner
20 Ryan Jones–24 Ian Brady
22 Jordan Klehr–18 Dean Stewart

1 Alex Blankenburg
35 Evan Weninger

 

Let's hope we see Blankenburg pulled tonight in the 1st.
And shut down Taco.
Randolph hurt for them is a big blow, he always seems to play UND tough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The will?

C'mon. Those guys sold out on Saturday. I thought we've all gotten over this idea that the guys don't try.

Agreed.  They played very well last Saturday, deserved a win.  This team has the potential to make a nice run here.  A couple of elite players in Jost and Boesser, an unbelievable defenseman in Tucker, talented forwards in Poganski and Gersich, an experienced goalie, and some kids who have grown up in a hurry this year.  I like our chances.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

He will always be connected to UND. I would bet he will be back with the program at some point! No matter how big or small the role, just part of it again.

We had drinks with him once, took pics, asked him questions... he said that he "would love to finish at UND in some way". I thought that was a cool thing to say.

Every time the students boo him after his introduction, I cringe!

I always hear cheering when his name is said. :/ that's too bad if the students boo him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brianvf said:

UND’s  lines

19 Shane Gersich–17 Tyson Jost–16 Brock Boeser
25 Joel Janatuinen–22 Rhett Gardner–14 Austin Poganski
7 Zach Yon–10 Johnny Simonson–11 Trevor Olson
26 Cole Smith–27 Ludvig Hoff–13 Mike Gornall

6 Colton Poolman–3 Tucker Poolman
20 Gage Ausmus–4 Andrew Peski
24 Christian Wolanin–5 Casey Johnson

33 Cam Johnson
30 Matt Hrynkiw

Omaha’s lines

11 Mason Morelli–10 Tyler Vesel–25 Justin Parizek
12 David Pope–28 Frederik Olofsson–16 Austin Ortega
19 Tristan Keck–14 Teemu Pulkkinen–26 Steven Spinner
9 Riley Alferd–17 Luke Nogard–7 Colin Grannary

4 Luc Snuggerud–5 Joel Messner
20 Ryan Jones–24 Ian Brady
22 Jordan Klehr–18 Dean Stewart

1 Alex Blankenburg
35 Evan Weninger

 

Let's hope we see Blankenburg pulled tonight in the 1st.
And shut down Taco.
Randolph hurt for them is a big blow, he always seems to play UND tough.

I love that we call him taco lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...