SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (9-3, 14-8) vs Idaho (8-4, 13-10) 2/11 4 PM

SWSiouxMN

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Sometimes you just have to shake your head and move on. I'd also say that 11/10/5 is a good game by most standards. 

If he could do everything we want him to do - like make shots from inside two feet and rebound - he wouldn't be at UND. There is the possibility he will get better as he is only a sophomore . We don't need him to play like Lew Alchinder but Luke Longley would be great. 

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

If he could do everything we want him to do - like make shots from inside two feet and rebound - he wouldn't be at UND. There is the possibility he will get better as he is only a sophomore . We don't need him to play like Lew Alchinder but Luke Longley would be great. 

4th yr junior....3 time in bsc play that shanks got called for an away from the ball offensive foul while another player was in the midst of making a shot...time to learn from mistakes

33 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Got to give credit where it's due.  Jones has them playing better than they ever have in his 10 years. 

Better defense, better rebounding, and much more consistent.  Plus, they are scoring a ton of points.  

I have never been a fan of his and am not going to say I was wrong for questioning his ability.  But, this year he seems to have taken the next step with this team.  

Will it translate to making the Big Sky Championship game and possibly winning it and going to The Dance?  We'll see.  I sure hope so cause this team is playing great.

It seems like it, everyone is playing a like a team, if a player is off seems like every game someone else steps up just the way it should be. We thought we had the best team a few years ago with a whole lot of seniors on the team only to have a lot of "balling" and individual play, no teamwork, that ended up being a disaster and a first round exit in the CIT. Now I would think we have to be one of the favorites to take it all along with Weber State. If UND runs the table in the last 5 games Jones will have his FIRST EVER 20 win season before the tournament starts, he would also have 15 conference wins the most ever in his career. So whatever Jones is doing this season keep at it. Exciting times is back in men's basketball. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Got to give credit where it's due.  Jones has them playing better than they ever have in his 10 years. 

Better defense, better rebounding, and much more consistent.  Plus, they are scoring a ton of points.  

I have never been a fan of his and am not going to say I was wrong for questioning his ability.  But, this year he seems to have taken the next step with this team.  

Will it translate to making the Big Sky Championship game and possibly winning it and going to The Dance?  We'll see.  I sure hope so cause this team is playing great.

Yes, he has this team playing at a high level, and they're a lot of fun to watch.  They're playing with a sense of urgency, which is what it's going to take to have a continued successful stretch run.  Almost every player seems to be playing above themselves.  Hooker is going to be greatly missed next season; he's gold.

7 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Yes, he has this team playing at a high level, and they're a lot of fun to watch.  They're playing with a sense of urgency, which is what it's going to take to have a continued successful stretch run.  Almost every player seems to be playing above themselves.  Hooker is going to be greatly missed next season; he's gold.

Hooker is the glue that makes this a team.  He different players involved with the offense and steps up when the team needs the score.  As a whole, the team is much better the last few games with free throws and rebounding.  Exciting to watch this team.