SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (8-3,13-8) vs EWU (8-3,16-8) 2/9 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

Obviously too late now but they should have done $1 dollar night (they do it for lady hockey vs Min) and had free pizza for students (that's what it takes now for them to attend hoops) for Sat game vs Idaho and played it at the Ralph.  Even if they only got 5K fans (arena near half full) to attend that's better than 2,500 at the Betty. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

Obviously too late now but they should have done $1 dollar night (they do it for lady hockey vs Min) and had free pizza for students (that's what it takes now for them to attend hoops) for Sat game vs Idaho and played it at the Ralph.  Even if they only got 5K fans (arena near half full) to attend that's better than 2,500 at the Betty. 

I'd rather pack the Betty than get that at the Ralph. 

• Upvote 2

I'd still like to see a "signature game" played at the Ralph once a year just to switch it up....might have more of those when we start playing the other three Dakota schools for conference points soon (more likely a chance to play one on the weekend when the hockey team is out of town).

4 hours ago, hoops44 said:

hayford is way more obnoxious than jones....on the floor yapping to the refs after every call

He was on the refs like all the time the ball wasn't in play. I sat 5 rows up behind him. It wasn't that he was overly obnoxious,  but it was that he was giving them the beef all the time. The refs finally asked him to leave and he slowly walked diagonal right across the whole court.

17 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Don't think you understand what he said.  The team got better by him leaving.  That is how I interpreted it.  

Right, I'm just saying, you never really know if a team got better or worse, as we didn't really see the kid play. I just know there was a whole lot of potential with the kid.

Maybe there were some character issues, and I can see how losing some character issues can help a team, but its hard to know what could have been.

So obviously we lose a beast in Hooker next season, but I am curious what peoples thoughts are on Marlon Stewart? Looks like he cam in from Creighton, so I assume he has some skill. Is he expected to be a pretty key figure next season? We've seen this team put together good wins when Q has an off night, but to have him consistently gone, makes me wonder, who will step up so we don't have a huge drop off next season.

41 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Weber State remaining games.

at PSU

vs UNC

vs UND

at EWU

at Idaho

vs Montana

vs MSU

BSC championship preview? 

That three game stretch for them of UND EWU and Idaho is brutal.  We just need to take care of business and we will be a in a good position at the end.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

So obviously we lose a beast in Hooker next season, but I am curious what peoples thoughts are on Marlon Stewart? Looks like he cam in from Creighton, so I assume he has some skill. Is he expected to be a pretty key figure next season? We've seen this team put together good wins when Q has an off night, but to have him consistently gone, makes me wonder, who will step up so we don't have a huge drop off next season.

I would expect Geno and Seales to take another step in their developments to help offset the loss of Q and Baldwin. 

On 2/10/2017 at 8:57 AM, siouxfan512 said:

It's going to suck losing Q but next year we should be fine. Geno has shown flashes that he can be a Player of the Year type, Cortez is just so smooth I love watching that kid play on both ends of the floor. Stewart played as a true frosh at Creighton and I'm sure him and Cortez have some chemistry. Throw in another season of Drick and Avants and I think we will be good.

Also having Walthall at the helm won't hurt ;) 

• Upvote 1