SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber at UND

hoops44

1 minute ago, hoops44 said:

just calling u and others out pal !!

Calling me out because I stated a fact that in the past Jones's teams have struggled at the line. I'm sorry but it's true unless you gas up the DeLorean and go back in time and fix it.

Just now, darell1976 said:

Calling me out because I stated a fact that in the past Jones's teams have struggled at the line. I'm sorry but it's true unless you gas up the DeLorean and go back in time and fix it.

coaches do not shoot them...your one of those people that blame others and refuse to own up to your own short comings

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

coaches do not shoot them...your one of those people that blame others and refuse to own up to your own short comings

And coaches don't pass the ball and coaches don't shoot the ball and coaches don't play defense, so why do they get fired for losing games if it's all on the players? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

And coaches don't pass the ball and coaches don't shoot the ball and coaches don't play defense, so why do they get fired for losing games if it's all on the players? 

you blame your mommy and teacher when you do not get an A in class or blame the coach if you strike out in baseball...classic crybaby whining..behavior never accept responsibility for your own actions...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

geaux_sioux

• geaux_sioux
  • Members
  •  
  • 9,557 posts

I often wonder why I watch our basketball team... I want them to succeed but I absolutely can't stand the way they play. It's like some AAU all star team that practiced twice together before a tourney. And the whole damn team shoots free throws like shaq. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Great finish, lost 7 pt lead with just over 5 min to go and played hard to the end. Best UND game ive seen in a while. There were some terrific shots made bt both teams.

Don't forget a lot of offensive fouls. Gotta fix that. 

geaux_sioux

• geaux_sioux
  • Members
  •  
  • 9,557 posts
On 12/30/2016 at 0:15 AM, FightingHawks_88 said:

Bernstein is trash and should ride the pine. Shanks is softer than Charmin. Geno is completely out of control lately. There has to be somthing up with Hooker because he is nowhere near his usual self. We have not a single player who can really stroke it. Avants is our only player who always brings it even though he's always overmatched. If we're fortunate enough to fire Jones I wouldn't mind a total overhaul of the roster. Bring in the Moorhead St coach.

• Downvote 1

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

to be fair, Weber got called for a lot as well.  Think it was how it was called, officials made it a point to look for any moving screen

I noticed that. I thought maybe the refs were getting whistle happy. I guess they wanted a tight game.

50 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I hear ya but it's the old saying, you can't fire all the players.

great game and even better crowd...best non-ndac game at the betty i've been too...football team was awesome and pumped up the crowd which is how thw student section is suppose to....yet the men's hockey team showed up late, sat by themselves near the roof, didn't cheer once, and left early....

Agree with a lot of offensive fouls, that can be a by product of a fast paste game.

The first few minutes of the game kind of set the tone, there was a lot of fast pace up and down the court although with just a few points scored.There would be spurts of fast breaks. Also, some nice shots made. The last couple minutes of the 1st half, they beat us on a fast up and down the court run.  

Some nice shots made in second half by both teams again.  A lot of fast breaks going both ways, we pushed up and down the court a little more and had some bad passes with that, but also had some terrific runs. Lead changed a few times. They had a 9 point lead, we had a 7 point lead, then at 5 minutes they go ahead by 1, exciting. We happened to lead the last two minutes, shot a lot of free throws and made them.  The crowd ate it all up.

Hopefully this transitions into a winning mentality going through the rest of the conference games?

Football players were an asset, and just hilarious! The crowd was definitely and advantage for our team.

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

great game and even better crowd...best non-ndac game at the betty i've been too...football team was awesome and pumped up the crowd which is how thw student section is suppose to....yet the men's hockey team showed up late, sat by themselves near the roof, didn't cheer once, and left early....

And they don't even have a big series this weekend to prepare for....the jerks....

• Upvote 2