SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2017 SiouxSports.com Hoggsbreath Brunch

MafiaMan

Of course it's on again this year!

The 2017 SiouxSports.com Hoggsbreath brunch will be held on Saturday, March 18th, from 10:30 am until about 1:00 pm.  

There is always good food, lots of laughs, and plenty of story-telling at this annual event.  Haven't been there before?  Well, you're missing out!  

Who's in this year?  Roll call starts NOW!

50 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

1)  MafiaMan and MafiaBoy

25 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Mr. and Mrs. Siouxman - have to keep our perfect attendance going.

8 minutes ago, LeftyZL said:

I'll be there + 1 additional.

Hopefully Cratter can make a cameo appearance with me again. Maybe even show up in the picture.

MafiaMan + 1

Siouxman + 1

LeftyZL + 1

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Can I have my agent go in my place ?

I heard resolutions that we presented last year are all that can be voted on this year, is that true ?

The only resolution carried over from last year is that everyone must appear in person.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Unfortunately, I will not be there this year. I am skipping the Frozen Faceoff this year because, well......it just isn't all that much fun. The Hoggsbreath Brunch was the best part of last year's trip and I will miss it this year. I may be back when it's moved to the X, however.

FYP

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Unfortunately, I will not be there this year. I am skipping the Frozen Faceoff this year because, well......it just isn't all that much fun. The Hoggsbreath Brunch was the best part of last year's trip and I will miss it this year. I may be back in the future, however.

Gotta say that the Frozen Faceoff appears to be a non-priority for the team. In most years they have no reason to win it and other teams have to win it or go home for the season. It is a great gathering of Sioux fans but if I have to make choices on how I spend my money and time this is getting lower on the list. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Gotta say that the Frozen Faceoff appears to be a non-priority for the team. In most years they have no reason to win it and other teams have to win it or go home for the season. It is a great gathering of Sioux fans but if I have to make choices on how I spend my money and time this is getting lower on the list. 

Yea, instead of a Friday/Saturday overnight hotel in Minneapolis, now you can just drive down to Little Canada on Saturday morning, have brunch, and be home in time to watch the championship game on TV!  :lol:

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Exactly.......don't know what is worse: the Target Center itself or the staff that works there.

I remember walking out of the pressbox's side door after the second Friday game and saying this has got to be one of the dirtiest, grungiest building I have ever seen. I don't think the Target Center is up to standards for third world countries. I miss the Xcel Center. It's "supposed" to be cleaned up, soon. Even a coat of paint would help. 

27 minutes ago, Goon said:

I remember walking out of the pressbox's side door after the second Friday game and saying this has got to be one of the dirtiest, grungiest building I have ever seen. I don't think the Target Center is up to standards for third world countries. I miss the Xcel Center. It's "supposed" to be cleaned up, soon. Even a coat of paint would help. 

A small fire would be an improvement in the arena.:)

On 1/13/2017 at 11:51 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

Unfortunately, I will not be there this year. I am skipping the Frozen Faceoff this year because, well......it just isn't all that much fun. The Hoggsbreath Brunch was the best part of last year's trip and I will miss it this year. I may be back in the future, however.

Drive down for the day, LOL!  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Am I gonna have to cancel the event this year?  Say it ain't so, Brad, say it ain't so!

We go to the tournament every year whether our team is there or not.  Thankfully I only remember one year at the Target Center without our favorite team.