SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

22 hours ago, AJS said:

Looks like the kid has some good potential, I like seeing the OL commits.  Need to build a dominate OL. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2017 at 10:33 PM, UND Fan said:

Three more:

OT Evan Clark, 6'3", 270, Derby (Derby) , KS  Has offer from WY

OT Marcellus Johnson, 6'4", 245, Normal (Community), IL  Has offers from WY, IN St & EMU

S Julian Haynie, 6'1", 195, Rockford (Guilford), IL 

Marcellus Johnson has committed to EMU.

On 4/14/2017 at 9:03 PM, UND Fan said:

Tons of positive posts from a bunch of prospects who attended today's Jr. Day.  Three known offers:

LB Seth Benson, 6'1", 190, Sioux Falls (Washington), SD

TE Cormack Sampson, 6'5", 225, Eau Claire (Memorial), WI

WR Blake Veargis, 5'9", 145, Miami (Norland), FL. Has 15+ offers

There will be a bunch of new prospects added to Wiki tomorrow.

Seth Benson committed to SDSU today.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Well this is going well so far ???

A Nebraska player committed to Nebraska.  A South Dakota player committed to South Dakota State.  And an Illinois player committed to a MAC school.  

In other news, UND has received it's earliest verbal commitment of the Bubba era.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

A Nebraska player committed to Nebraska.  A South Dakota player committed to South Dakota State.  And an Illinois player committed to a MAC school.  

In other news, UND has received it's earliest verbal commitment of the Bubba era.

Oh I get it. Just frustrating to continue to watch NDSU get some pretty big names, while UND has not. 

I know we will get plenty of talent, but it would be nice to start winning some recruiting battles. Though SDSU and NDSU have both had more proven success at this level. I guess UND just needs to keep doing their thing. Have to admit, I was hoping to get a few more commits or even hear of a few more offers after the camp last week.

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

So by rights we should have gotten Bartholomew Ogbu  today since he's a ND player and it sounds like he was considered one of the best in the state.   I think we'll be fine in the long term, but I'd sure like to see some big names commit so we get some fire into our recruiting.

10 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Offer to a prospect from VA:

CB Khalid Thomas, 6'1", 190, 4.4, Woodbury Forest (Woodbury Forest), VA  Has offers from Air Force, St. Francis & Brown

Anyone know how a kid from Virginia ended up on our radar?  He wanna be a pilot?