SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

3 hours ago, Feff said:

I don't mind long, rangy possession receivers, but you need at least one guy that can stretch the field vertically, no matter what offensive system you play. If there is no true deep threat, defenses will be free to cheat up and make life difficult for the rest of your offense. 

Not for our offense - we counter that with the dive.

37 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Cam Hunt....had some pretty good flashes when he was healthy toward end of the year, and who Tom Miller projected on the signing day show to start alongside Rodgers next year.

He's got a bright future. For a RFr who missed that much fall camp, he showed some serious flashes.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

https://twitter.com/RonaldAudette/status/942801373783052293

Not the only school susceptible to potential FBS poaching....recently picked up an Oregon St offer, has yet to sign anywhere, but was committed to NDSU

NCAA should just get rid of the rule about boosters contacting recruits if they're not going to attempt to enforce it anyway.

30 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

NCAA should just get rid of the rule about boosters contacting recruits if they're not going to attempt to enforce it anyway.

I was wondering the same thing. I remember a few years ago, Hajdu tweeted out a warning about fans tweeting with potential recruits. 

In bubbas time here, how many recruiting battles has he won to where the recruit had numerous offeres by fcs or fbs? 

I know Zeke was highly recruited and bruner this year.  Griebel I believe.  Cloyd ?   Who else? 

As mentioned by a few posters ....the coaches have hit on some "hidden " gems but it seems a majority of the time they either lose out to competing schools or simply don't attempt to recruit highly sought after recruits. They need to change that culture and believe they can win these battles.  Go after the tops dogs and reel them on a perennial basis.  Two other regional teams are doing it.  Time to beat out recruits against ndsu, sdsu, uni ...etc.  Sick of that team to the south constantly beating UND for recruits.   UND is a great academic school with great football tradition. It would be great to have 6-8 recruits sign with UND in feb when they beat out the likes of ndsu sdsu, Wyoming, bowling green, N ill.  Does it mean that just because they are recruited by a numerous D1 schools that will turn into instant all Americans?  No.  Typically though ...they have the talent (speed an size) to at minimum be capable of being " next man up" if called upon. The other thing that winning battles against regional schools is that once recruits see other recruits choosing your school, it's almost like a monkey see monkey do motto. Create a recruit vacuum.  

UND won the big sky and was seeded in the playoffs two years ago.  That coming after narrowly missing the playoffs the year before....UND should of/could of had their choice of some highly sought after recruits if winning is the culture they are looking for. UND was the new up and coming toy in the region.  Recruits notice and it's the coaches duty to reel them in.  Last year we will forget.  But the two years before bubba had UND in winning mode.  

This is not a hate rant on the coaching staff as I think they definitely have recruited some real good talent but they do need to step it up with what we witnessed last year 

Yah, I am totally surprised UND cannot beat out NDSU in recruiting battles right now.  Its basically a wash as far as facilities, on field success, coverage, etc.  

Because the other Dakota and MVFC team's are just swiping recruits from SU left and right, no issues for them at all.  Right?

Shocked I tell you. 

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Yah, I am totally surprised UND cannot beat out NDSU in recruiting battles right now.  Its basically a wash as far as facilities, on field success, coverage, etc.  

Because the other Dakota and MVFC team's are just swiping recruits from SU left and right, no issues for them at all.  Right?

Shocked I tell you. 

I'm not shocked ...upset.  South Dakota has beaten out ndsu for recruits..  UND should be able to. No? 

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I'm not shocked ...upset.  South Dakota has beaten out ndsu for recruits..  UND should be able to. No? 

Based on what the other schools do, we can claim we beat out Iowa and Iowa St for a recruit this year.  

Also, you have no idea whether ndsu offered recruits that were already committed to us or not.