SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

This is a guy I've had my eye on for quite a while.  I think there is a lot of mutual interest, but I believe he's received a few FBS offers recently as well.

He would be an kid that looks like he has the size and is physical enough to step in and play.  You can’t help but chuckle at the first 90 seconds of highlights.  

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Any thoughts on how the signings will be this year?  First sighing in Dec and the usual signing in Feb.  Will we have more signers in Dec?

My understanding is that most schools will hope to have more in December than Feb. 

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Any thoughts on how the signings will be this year?  First sighing in Dec and the usual signing in Feb.  Will we have more signers in Dec?

We need to have good signings in December.    This will be very telling of the quality of our new recruits and I sure don't want to be looking for a ton of talent in February after everything is picked over.  JMO, it's the first time for a December signing so I'm taking a shot in the dark though.

9 minutes ago, TRex said:

We need to have good signings in December.    This will be very telling of the quality of our new recruits and I sure don't want to be looking for a ton of talent in February after everything is picked over.  JMO, it's the first time for a December signing so I'm taking a shot in the dark though.

It will be interesting to see how kids do sign early.  In some regards getting a higher offer if that’s what a kid wants may be easier now if FCS level kids don’t sign in december.  I think there will still be a lot of talent left after December with kids that want to take some official visits but certainly getting kids up in the summer to try and land early commitments will become more important than ever.  

I can certainly see why there are offers out to juniors already

33 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think most people consider the dec signing day to be the more important. The feb day has been talked about more for rounding out classes.

For the bigger schools yes.  But the kids that will round out some of those classes are FCS kids.  How many hold out for bigger offers?

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Make it about 3 or so student-athletes at that position would be huge ...

1 would be, let's say, only a start ...

Agreed, stating the obvious here but depth here is sort of important in this position group ;)

Rodgers has what it takes and if Larson is as advertised, a couple other solid transfers could go a long way. Then, maybe we can withstand a couple injuries.

15 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Agreed, stating the obvious here but depth here is sort of important in this position group ;)

Rodgers has what it takes and if Larson is as advertised, a couple other solid transfers could go a long way. Then, maybe we can withstand a couple injuries.

Cam Hunt played well after getting healthy.  I really think one, maybe two immediate contributors (have to hit on one) and a couple developmental guys.  

I think Rastas can give spot reps, especially in obvious passing situations. 

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Also, I now see Jo Jo Henderson is listed on the Wiki as a 2018 offer. I thought he was a 2017 offer, but waited to long to commit, then possible went elsewhere. Did he just take a year off, and we are now still looking at him?

Jo Jo Henderson committed to Montana State last year and is currently on the roster there.

48 minutes ago, homer said:

Cam Hunt played well after getting healthy.  I really think one, maybe two immediate contributors (have to hit on one) and a couple developmental guys.  

I think Rastas can give spot reps, especially in obvious passing situations. 

Yes, I forgot about Hunt. He looked like he has the "stuff" and some more experience will go a long way. I like the motor Rastas has and if he gains at least 15 pounds and understand the schemes better he will provide great depth.