SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks With The Best Chance To Play In NFL

nodak651

18 minutes ago, Jack Dean said:

McKinney will be that guy if he gets the chance to preform he has the it factor. What he has cannot be taught.

I think he will be a great player for us but this seems bold. My question is where does he fit on an NFL roster? Very small but let’s see what he can do these next couple of years. Hopefully we actually utilize him. 

McKinney playing style and his talent he only needs to touch the ball 8 times a game he would score twice he doesn't need many touches he just needs the opportunity! I was sitting at a game I heard a NfL scout say after he had 3 nice 15 plus yard runs ask the other why are they taking him out you can see the kid has it. They see it. Yes he is small but so is #10 for the Chiefs. McKinney just needs a chance. That's it. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jack Dean said:

McKinney playing style and his talent he only needs to touch the ball 8 times a game he would score twice he doesn't need many touches he just needs the opportunity! I was sitting at a game I heard a NfL scout say after he had 3 nice 15 plus yard runs ask the other why are they taking him out you can see the kid has it. They see it. Yes he is small but so is #10 for the Chiefs. McKinney just needs a chance. That's it. 

Not saying your wrong but who did you want to take touches away from this year to get him 8 a game?

For the record, he had 8 touches vs. Montana, 6 vs. Sac St and 5 in two other games, but didn't score a TD all season. Don't get me wrong, I think he's got great potential over the next three years, but let's pump the brakes a little bit. Danny knows what he was with CM, guessing he'll find ways to get him the ball in space.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Not saying your wrong but who did you want to take touches away from this year to get him 8 a game?

For the record, he had 8 touches vs. Montana, 6 vs. Sac St and 5 in two other games, but didn't score a TD all season. Don't get me wrong, I think he's got great potential over the next three years, but let's pump the brakes a little bit. Danny knows what he was with CM, guessing he'll find ways to get him the ball in space.

Judging by the posters post, I have to imagine their is some sort of relationship there. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Those Ketteringham incomplete passes and interceptions were often unnecessary and could’ve been replaced by screens and jet sweeps to McKinney. Just saying. 

Also, over-running the ball with Santiago and Oliveira on obvious running downs isn’t justified if the defense is completely sold. 

22 hours ago, Jack Dean said:

The eye test tells me McKinney has it, too.  In 2018 when Santiago was banged up, Mckinney should of had more touches.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I saw those games one he had a couple of big runs in crunch time! and at the end of the game they gave him a few plays with 2nd team offensive line he never got the chance to touch it from back there with the starting line. Jet sweeps yes but that's running to the side line. Never.

Now as far as touches they don't have to be just in the back field im talking about kick return is a touch! A deep pass route is a touch. a reverse! a touch with the starting ol. im just a UND fan who wants to see the program successful and this kid just didn't get his chance to contribute that's all im saying. hopefully he gets his chance to show the world his gift. Because weather one admits it or not this kid is special! It just seems to me they down play his potential. That's all Im saying.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Dean said:

Now as far as touches they don't have to be just in the back field im talking about kick return is a touch! A deep pass route is a touch. a reverse! a touch with the starting ol. im just a UND fan who wants to see the program successful and this kid just didn't get his chance to contribute that's all im saying. hopefully he gets his chance to show the world his gift. Because weather one admits it or not this kid is special! It just seems to me they down play his potential. That's all Im saying.

Thankfully, "they" are gone now!

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Well hopefully Danny is smart enough to pull incompletions and interceptions out of the playbook....:silly:

You’ve got to be kidding me? That’s what you took away from the comment? Damn ... here this is for you: https://www.dummies.com/sports/football/football-for-dummies-usa-edition-cheat-sheet/

Now I’ll briefly explain; the previous passing concepts weren’t obviously good enough. In 2018, Ketteringham averaged 1 interception per game and only threw at a 55% completion percentage. Simply getting the ball to McKinney certainly could’ve been a superior option. Rudolph apparently didn’t get that, he’s fired per Bubba. Freund said he wants to get the ball to the best guys quickly, not with “too long to develop” plays. Apparently that combination of logic didn’t sink in when you saw the opportunity for a one-liner. Ridiculous. 

• 1 year later...

I was going to start a thread asking what player on our roster has the best chance to get drafted but it looks like one's already started so let's keep it going! 

Some guys that come to mind for me are: CJ Seigel, Sammy Fort, Jaxson Turner, Noah Larson.

Who'd I miss or why am I wrong?

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I was going to start a thread asking what player on our roster has the best chance to get drafted but it looks like one's already started so let's keep it going! 

Some guys that come to mind for me are: CJ Seigel, Sammy Fort, Jaxson Turner, Noah Larson.

Who'd I miss or why am I wrong?

Money Maag

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I see Augie put another lineman in the NFL.  So embarrassing.   If there's a position group that UND should be able to put someone in the NFL from... it's offensive line

We will never take the next step until our OL improves and becomes much better and more consistent. We could change our offense every year trying to figure things out but until we get a good OL we won’t go much further than we have. We scored six points against Nicholls State in the playoffs, six. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Hawks With The Best Chance To Play In NFL