SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-4) @ Iowa (6-5) 12/20 8PM

SWSiouxMN

9 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Actually, the Iowa players looked confused, and reluctant to walk off the court. Pretty much were directed to get to the locker room. Most looked hesitant to not shake hands.

This reluctant to walk off of the Iowa players is what I noticed right away, seemed to me it wan't bad enough walk off. Iowa coach did deflect embarrassment of a close game some to a on the court antics hoopala, whatever that's worth.  He might of been still bitter of the T-foul Hooker suckered them in on?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Absolutely. But these late game issues are becoming too common against us to not consider assigning any blame to our team. 

That's the portion I agreed with. :)

This team is incredibly confusing and frustrating to watch right now. It's by no means his fault, but I think Q getting going would help solve a lot of problems.

Looks like there are quite a few Iowa fans on their message board who don't agree with it either (although more than a handful who support it as well). Two bad decisions amplified is what it comes down to. But don't worry, there's a FargoU fan giving their input and making sure every corner of the internet still knows they exist. :silly:

I also saw quite a few comments that UND was overly aggressive and physical. Did I miss something?

8 minutes ago, teamsioux said:

Fran didn't back down in press conference.  Mentioned 3-4 things.  BTN studio guys thought BT office might say something to him.

Fran looked pretty tense in this post game interview, made a comment that he didn't want to have the potential for more happening in the hand shake, or something like that. He might of been back tracking some, realizing he might of made too quick a decision to walk off the court? It sure seemed that his leaving sure surprised most of the players.

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Fran looked pretty tense in this post game interview, made a comment that he didn't want to have the potential for more happening in the hand shake, or something like that. He might of been back tracking some, realizing he might of made too quick a decision to walk off the court? It sure seemed that his leaving sure surprised most of the players.

His players looked embarrassed

48 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Late game and post game ugly theatrics are becoming too common this year. At some point the UND team needs to look at itself and say "maybe it's me."

Fights at end of ndsu game, Iowa refusing to shake hands, sdsu and usd refusing to schedule us. It may end up being more than our record pushing Jones out. 

I saw some shoving at the SU game I was at, I wouldn't call it "Fights at end of ndsu game". Nobody has been convicted of an assault and preparing for judge ordered anger management classes.  I give Jones credit at that game with the 24 sec time out, keeping his cool and acting like what is this calling time out? I give Jones credit after this game and keeping his cool and again acting like what is this, coach is walking off?

Jones has arguably the best talent of his career, he might surprise us. Hawks played against some talent tonight.

OMG Fran, get over yourself, you whining, sniveling, little pansy!  Way to throw a hissy fit and cry over spilled milk.  Good grief...you really rose above the fray Fran and showed you were the bigger man! Your players were embarrassed and rightfully so; you looked like a spoiled little brat!  I'm guessing you were the first one to run to the teacher on the playground when you were picked on as a kid?

• Upvote 4

lol.  That being one of the main links has nothing to do with North Dakota.  That Iowa coach knew what he was going to do even before the horn sounded with how fast he was out of there.  He was the first one gone.  

Im glad I got to see a link because I thought Baldwin tackled a guy to take the ball.