SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-4) @ Iowa (6-5) 12/20 8PM

SWSiouxMN

Turnovers are a big concern the last few games. Just sloppy turnovers that are preventable and pretty uncharacteristic.

Geno needs to get it figured out. 

Hooker needs to shake his funk.

Apparently Iowa didn't care for Baldwin stripping the ball with a few seconds left. Actually pretty surprised when I saw who did it. I don't have a problem taking issue with it, but it's no reason to walk off the court.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Maybe so, but it isn't any better to walk off the court like a baby. Shake the hands, say a professional word to jones or baldwin and move on. Now you just look like a dick for walking off the court with your hands in the air.

Iowa coach instantly got his point across.

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Hawkeye that got the rebound was just holding it to run out the clock.  Baldwin grabs it with one second left, Drick ends up with it and tries to score.  

Lame move by Baldwin, but was it really enough to walk off without shaking hands? 

This program is so embarrassing at times.  My gawd.  

How many times has Jones or his team had an issue at the end of the game with their opponent?  

Either no handshake or teams having to leave court, or fly by handshakes that make him look like a jackass.  

:silly:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

and looked like a little baby doing so. If our coach every did something like that, we'd be irritated by it, being a Big 10 coach doesn't make it any more impressive. 

Classless to UND fans. 

Iowa fans: "Good for the coach! The way UND ended the game. I wouldn't shake their hands either. Classless bunch of goons that UND team!"

We gave

30 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Late game and post game ugly theatrics are becoming too common this year. At some point the UND team needs to look at itself and say "maybe it's me."

Fights at end of ndsu game, Iowa refusing to shake hands, sdsu and usd refusing to schedule us. It may end up being more than our record pushing Jones out. 

I don't think it's at the level with the SD's, we did recently scrimage them

Just now, Cratter said:

Classless to UND fans. 

Iowa fans: "Good for the coach! The way UND ended the game. I wouldn't shake their hands either. Classless bunch of goons that UND team!"

A play or two at the end of the game (not that I agree with doing that) makes the whole team a classless bunch of goons? If they had been playing a conference game the coach wouldn't have done that.

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Classless to UND fans. 

Would have called out Jones if he pulled his team off the court like that.  In fact my first thought was "wow Fran pulled a Jones"

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Late game and post game ugly theatrics are becoming too common this year. At some point the UND team needs to look at itself and say "maybe it's me."

Fights at end of ndsu game, Iowa refusing to shake hands, sdsu and usd refusing to schedule us. It may end up being more than our record pushing Jones out. 

I agree with a portion of this, but I don't think the scheduling thing has any relation.

I'm not sure what Baldwin was doing short of he knew there was still time on the clock and the guy was just holding the ball out there. He really doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would do something with poor intent.

I also feel confident Jones would get blasted if the roles were reversed and he directed his team off the court for that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I also feel confident Jones would get blasted if the roles were reversed and he directed his team off the court for that.

Absolutely. But these late game issues are becoming too common against us to not consider assigning any blame to our team.