SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-4) @ Iowa (6-5) 12/20 8PM

SWSiouxMN

UND looks to turn the page after, lets just say, a not so good performance at home against the arch rival.

This is not the Iowa team of last year, but they do have an explosive weapon in Peter Jok, who is averaging 23.5 ppg.  Very versatile and lights out from the line. Cordell Pemsl isn't flashy but shooting an eye popping 77% from the field (averages about 10 a game)

They did beat UNI by 23 on Saturday but lost to Omaha by 9 earlier this year

This is a winnable game. Last chance to get some momentum going into conference play.  Time to knock a power 5 school off the mantle

49 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

What about the last 10 years of results has shown you this a winnable game?

That Iowa is very average and this is without question the best chance for UND to knock off a P5 team and UND has the player talent to do it.  It's my expectation for them to win. Despite the coaching.  If Omaha can beat these guys why can't UND?

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That Iowa is very average and this is without question the best chance for UND to knock off a P5 team and UND has the player talent to do it.  It's my expectation for them to win. Despite the coaching.  If Omaha can beat these guys why can't UND?

It seems like this question is being asked every year. And the answer is almost always not a good one for us.

• Upvote 1

Obviously iowa has way more talent then UND Not One  Player from UND was offered by a power conference team.  Look for the hawks to be around a 11  point fav in this game.. UND gets their best payday of the season here. Hooker needs to pick up where he left off last year to keep this game interesting

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

You do know UND has yet to beat Omaha since Omaha left DII, but other than that, the way we have played on the road the last two games I think we could give the Hawkeyes a scare.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

You do know UND has yet to beat Omaha since Omaha left DII, but other than that, the way we have played on the road the last two games I think we could give the Hawkeyes a scare.

Unfortunately I've suffered watching those games against UNO, including the CIT "lets everyone phone it in except Hobaugh" matchup in 2014. Expected underdogs yes, but I just feel that this is a great opportunity to pick off a P5 squad and it can be done.  This isn't 2013-14 Wisconsin we're dealing with here (curse you Frank the Tank).

Hooker is due for a breakout performance.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Unfortunately I've suffered watching those games against UNO, including the CIT "lets everyone phone it in except Hobaugh" matchup in 2014. Expected underdogs yes, but I just feel that this is a great opportunity to pick off a P5 squad and it can be done.  This isn't 2013-14 Wisconsin we're dealing with here (curse you Frank the Tank).

Hooker is due for a breakout performance.

Iowa is very down this year and I hope that loss to UNO wasn't a wake up call, and UND can sneak out a win. Could you imagine the AD talking to the coach after not only losing to Omaha but losing to UND too. 

Going in, the most likely reward for us is the cash prize after the game. The bouncy ball would have to bounce right many times for a UND win here. Could happen. We need to play just a bit better than we did at SU + catch Iowa on a bad day. There will be a lot of hawk eyes watching this game.   

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Going in, the most likely reward for us is the cash prize after the game. The bouncy ball would have to bounce right many times for a UND win here. Could happen. We need to play just a bit better than we did at SU + catch Iowa on a bad day. There will be a lot of hawk eyes watching this game.   

If you think about it this quote shows how pathetic our basketball program is.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm just assuming this is hoops other account. 

7 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

if you think about your posts are almost as stupid as you are for trolling such a pathetic program

What have they accomplished in the last 10 years? I love basketball but we're trying to run it like we tried to with football during the transition. It's a joke. We could be so much better.

• Upvote 3

Date Team Standing Scr Pred Pwin Margin Total
Tue 12.20
7:00pm ET
N Dakota St # 141 (8-4)
# 42 (9-1)
12 %
88 %
Tue 12.20
9:00pm ET
North Dakota # 198 (5-4)
# 78 (6-5)
10 %
90 %

If I were predict a "Dakota Upset" tonight, it's NDSU.