SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 16-17

OgieOgilthorpe

30 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

That was a surprise to me. I really thought Jamestown was going to finish in the top 3-4 pretty easily out west. Good to see 

Dickinson has a stud on their team, Jersey Martin. Scored their first 2 goals and was by far the best player on the ice. When Jamestown doesn't work hard they look terrible and that was the case last night. They were outshot 46-23.

12 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Dickinson has a stud on their team, Jersey Martin. Scored their first 2 goals and was by far the best player on the ice. When Jamestown doesn't work hard they look terrible and that was the case last night. They were outshot 46-23.

How did 16 look, his mother is a terrible evaluator.

8 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

When he shows up he is noticeable....   Jerzy is a talented player when his mouth and antics do not get in the way...   That "eat your lunch" goal celebration makes me sick to my stomach, but that is a personal thing..

He did the Chi Chi Rodriguez thing last night by putting his stick in a holster. I had no problem with that but I did see where he has 44 penalty minutes already. 

I am in the Mario Lamoureaux camp, "act like you been here before"...    but i'm old and don't like attention....    but getting a goal and being down 4-1 is not a good time for an "eat your lunch" antic...  Jerzy has gotten a couple 10 minute unsportsmanlike penalties for talking back to the ref...   He does get some late hit stuff, like several of the players...  in his cause he is succumbing to frustration, other kids just are not mentally moving as fast as the game is...  especially defensmen

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Yeah, the west is shaping up to see who can get second...     fourth or fifth seed in WDA likely means only a shot at 3rd or 4th....  that gets you RR or Central...  got to beat the best to be the best.. :)

Would not surprise me to see a clean sweep by the east in the first round of state.  

Question asked earlier about how a combined GF High School team would do in the Minnesota HS League.  I gave a response about judging from how the youth teams fare they would do just fine.  Just noticed today the GF Aviators sit at #1 in the Bantam AA NOW rankings at a somewhat popular hockey website in the region. 

You folks in Grand Forks should be pretty happy and proud of the quality of players your youth programs produce.  Of course you are probably already aware of that.  My son has gotten to know a couple of boys from up there over the years through camps and playing against them and he says there are some pretty good guys and good players up there.

• Upvote 4

Looks like some pretty good games tonight. South vs Davies will be a big one in determining seating for EDC. DL vs RR should be pretty competitive but RR sure seems to have things together finally, so I don't see them dropping this one, even on the road. Then Century vs Dickinson, again it should be competitive but I don't see Century dropping this one.