SiouxSports.com Forum

UND su game 2

SiouxFan100

No blowout this time, but I'm thinking that we defend our home court:      UND    72

NDSU 70

I'm thinking 82-76 UND with the win. 

Fargo University is not as bad as they played last week.  I actually went to their game again last night and they are a better team with AJ on the bench.  It will be interesting to see what line up they throw on the court and which Carson Shanks shows up.  

Couple of their shooters got hot in the second half and got them back in the game, wouldn't be surprised to see that confidence carry over to Friday. However Jacobson was still cold but they seemed to play better when he wasn't on the floor, which is interesting. They didn't start Werner, instead bringing him off the bench. Not sure of the rationale on that, he's quite a bit better than the guy that started over him.

Our RPI has gone up by beating NDSU, but their RPI has taken a beating.  The Slummit is not that strong this year, other than IPFW beating Indiana.  NDSU beat Ark St when they were rated 29th, so that's the major reason NDSU has a good RPI.  Most of the Big Sky has atrocious ratings except EWU.  UND is actually favored to win most conference games by RPI.

Apparently Crandell was quite boastful after beating the bison in Fargo. Sounds like he went a little overboard. That said, watch Warner after he makes a good play. He does rub it in a little after each play. It doesn't bother me much - just playing. Thinking about it, maybe what Crandell did was all in fun.

15 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Apparently Crandell was quite boastful after beating the bison in Fargo. Sounds like he went a little overboard. That said, watch Warner after he makes a good play. He does rub it in a little after each play. It doesn't bother me much - just playing. Thinking about it, maybe what Crandell did was all in fun.

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Spice up the rivalry a bit. I love it, a player that we love but other teams hate. 

Yeah, I think a player can talk it up a bit to the opposing fans, as long as he does it tactfully. I think he was jabbering with some fans on twitter too, which wouldn't be an issue, but that stuff is all so magnified these days.

Some folks on bisonville were pissed about him trash talkin the students (of course they were just bitter about the loss). Some folks basically said, Crandall and UND just curb stomped the Bison, he can say what he wants.

Like crandall said, better to talk to the fans, than the players and refs. No fouls needed. I hope he gets the student section jacked up tomorrow night. Hopefully we see the football team there; they are always fun to watch.

14 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, I think a player can talk it up a bit to the opposing fans, as long as he does it tactfully. I think he was jabbering with some fans on twitter too, which wouldn't be an issue, but that stuff is all so magnified these days.

Some folks on bisonville were pissed about him trash talkin the students (of course they were just bitter about the loss). Some folks basically said, Crandall and UND just curb stomped the Bison, he can say what he wants.

Like crandall said, better to talk to the fans, than the players and refs. No fouls needed. I hope he gets the student section jacked up tomorrow night. Hopefully we see the football team there; they are always fun to watch.

He took last yeats collapse pretty hard...a very passionate enthusiastic player. He gets the rivalry.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:10 AM, homer said:

I'm thinking 82-76 UND with the win. 

Fargo University is not as bad as they played last week.  I actually went to their game again last night and they are a better team with AJ on the bench.  It will be interesting to see what line up they throw on the court and which Carson Shanks shows up.  

cover and the over!

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:07 PM, darell1976 said:

Bison came back from a double digit deficit to beat UC Davis by 4. So when UND is up they need to close the game and not let the Bison come back. Just repeat what happened in Fargo and we get the sweep.

riveting analysis!

• Upvote 2