SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU

Cratter

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did u watch the game?

Is it the only UND women's game you've seen this year?  Small sample. Rivalry games have a way of manufacturing extra nerves, emotions, etc.  it's still early and I fully expect this team to make a run at The Dance, ala last year.

37 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The point is that curb stomping NDSU doesn't prove a whole lot because they are so bad.

The point is, his/her posts are consistently negative regardless of opponent or team. 

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did u watch the game?

I did. 

24 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Once again we are told that when UND beats SU it's because both teams are bad but one team is badder. 

Bozoville posters were claiming that too when UND men blasted them.

No one follows NDSU wbb now, as they have been too embarrassing for years.  There was no crowd in Fargo.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

There was no crowd in Fargo.

They had 1319 last night in their new building, last year at the Betty it was 2564, and the year before that in Scheels Arena it was 1469. They piled more people in a hockey arena almost 10 miles from campus, than a brand new basketball arena that sits on campus. They have nothing for women's sports, except maybe softball and golf.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

No one follows NDSU wbb now, as they have been too embarrassing for years.  There was no crowd in Fargo.

That is an amazing statement. For years, UND-NDSU Women's Basketball was a huge deal. It was on statewide broadcast television and even got the attention of Sports Illustrated. Now it is just a footnote of history. Sad. :(

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

That is an amazing statement. For years, UND-NDSU Women's Basketball was a huge deal. It was on statewide broadcast television and even got the attention of Sports Illustrated. Now it is just a footnote of history. Sad. :(

It was bigger than the men's game. Gene Roebuck vs Amy Ruley all because if one didn't make the NCAA tourney the other was in. Now UND has already been to the dance, and has taken the high road while NDSU has plummeted. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, darell1976 said:

It was bigger than the men's game. Gene Roebuck vs Amy Ruley all because if one didn't make the NCAA tourney the other was in. Now UND has already been to the dance, and has taken the high road while NDSU has plummeted. 

Yes it was. From about 1993 onward, the women's game was hyped way more than the men's game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yes it was. From about 1993 onward, the women's game was hyped way more than the men's game.

I remember one game at the Hyslop where UND won and Amy wouldn't shake Gene's hand. It was that kind of rivalry. Always played to the max in front of a huge crowd.

• Upvote 2

Just now, darell1976 said:

I remember one game at the Hyslop where UND won and Amy wouldn't shake Gene's hand. It was that kind of rivalry. Always played to the max in front of a huge crowd.

The rivalry between those two was almost as intriguing as the match-up between the two teams on the floor.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Is it the only UND women's game you've seen this year?  Small sample. Rivalry games have a way of manufacturing extra nerves, emotions, etc.  it's still early and I fully expect this team to make a run at The Dance, ala last year.

was at the iowa game...much better game but i'm still waiting for brew to bring in more "athletes"...girls like maddie buck, mya lloyd, leah szabla, dyer...it was more of a shot at the ndac...they have almost zero talent.  and yes we will be in the top three of the bsc and i will be there on thursday nights cheering them on.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

was at the iowa game...much better game but i'm still waiting for brew to bring in more "athletes"...girls like maddie buck, mya lloyd, leah szabla, dyer...it was more of a shot at the ndac...they have almost zero talent.  and yes we will be in the top three of the bsc and i will be there on thursday nights cheering them on.

Moton from WFHS was at the game Friday........ I'd put her in the "athletes" category.