SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

39 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know when UND will update the roster on their website and add the new player pictures?

Good question - the roster has normally been updated by now each fall. I am curious to see the weights of the guys as they reported to camp. 

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

Tell me more about this countdown to kickoff show. never heard of it, thanks in advance!

Just checked the article where it was mentioned again. Looks like it is being done through Midco, so not sure where it will be available, other than regionally.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211661488#.WZNGnDGRisE.twitter

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Its there, but it is black, so it blends in with the rest of the black part of the logo.  

On the UNDSPORTS page, the ND are black, so the neck stripe is changed out to green . . . at least you can see it.

Leaving it black and letting it just blend into the black ND is a bad call. (graphic designer by trade)

So does this challenge thing come with a cup that goes to the conference that wins the most games head-to-head? It's not like a basketball challenge where you have the corresponding seeds playing each other - 1s play each other, 2s play each other and on down.

Did I miss something? 

45 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

NDSU and USD are promoting the challenge on their websites, so presume the interest comes from them.

As said elsewhere, a Summit football league combining the Dakotas, Montanas, Idaho and EWU could be big, and those two schools seem to be promoting it.

UND also has the chalenge on it's website - undsports.com

2017 Challenge Series
Date -- Matchup (TV)
Sept. 9 -- #2 North Dakota State at #5 Eastern Washington, 4 pm ET (SWX/NBC ND/ESPN3)
Sept. 9 -- #23 Cal Poly at #18 UNI, 5 pm ET (Panther Sports Network/ESPN3)
Sept. 9 -- #4 South Dakota State at Montana State, 8 pm ET (SWX/Pluto TV/Altitude 2)
Sept. 9 -- #25 Western Illinois at Northern Arizona, Time TBD (NAU-TV AZ/Pluto TV)
Sept. 9 -- Missouri State at #8 North Dakota, 5 pm ET (Midco Sports Network/Pluto TV)
Sept. 16 -- #8 North Dakota at South Dakota, 3 pm ET (Midco Sports Network/ESPN3)
Sept. 16 -- #18 UNI at Southern Utah, 8 pm ET (Pluto TV)
Oct. 7 -- #20 Illinois State at Northern Arizona, Time TBD (NAU-TV AZ/Pluto TV)
*Networks and streaming subject to change

10 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

So far, I'm with Miller on this.

Basically the commissioners thought it'd be a way to promote the two conferences by using the work the athletic directors already did scheduling the games. The only benefit that might come from this (outside possibly a bit more exposure) is if the commissioners start pushing for more home/home games between the conferences. Otherwise, I'd have to agree, at this point it is just a bunch of fluff to helpfully drive a little extra awareness.