SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

29 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

In an effort to be positive for 1 more week, I'll say I'll be more concerned with the news coming out of Grand Forks than New Town, and last I heard the Grady Train was in GF and working out.

If the last you heard was before July 4th, then yes you are right.  

Will believe he is back when I see it.  If he flakes out again it says alot about him and his family, IMO ( if you recall we all got a stern tongue lashing about info/thoughts people had posted about him).

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

I sure hope you're right! Just heard some news at the lake when I asked some locals what was up with his there not there (GF). 

They didn't sound too positive about it.  

I like your info better. 

Not trying to tag on you at all. I believe you heard what you heard, just hoping for no more bad news after Harris. Not right now anyway, haha.

3 hours ago, UND-1 said:

If the last you heard was before July 4th, then yes you are right.  

Will believe he is back when I see it.  If he flakes out again it says alot about him and his family, IMO ( if you recall we all got a stern tongue lashing about info/thoughts people had posted about him).

His twitter said when recommitted in April:  "blessed with an opportunity to finally play again and further my education" .  That sounds like a profound statement .  Sounds like a very committed young man that's wants to get an education (free) and progress  as a player.   

10 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

His twitter said when recommitted in April:  "blessed with an opportunity to finally play again and further my education" .  That sounds like a profound statement .  Sounds like a very committed young man that's wants to get an education (free) and progress at as a player.   

...but not workout with his teammates, earn their respect, and actually get back in football shape.  

13 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

...but not workout with his teammates, earn their respect, and actually get back in football shape.  

I'm quoting him and what he wrote on twitter.  If he felt that way he should show it....Pledge you allegiance to bubba and crew.   It's time for him to grow up and be big boy now.  The first time was understandable this time, if true.....?  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I'm quoting him and what he wrote on twitter.  If he felt that way he should show it....Pledge you allegiance to bubba and crew.   It's time for him to grow up and be big boy now.  The first time was understandable this time, if true.....?  

I don't know what's going on, but maybe the coaches have some exceptions for him due to his family life. They could of come up with something to allow him some more time at home.

23 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I don't know what's going on, but maybe the coaches have some exceptions for him due to his family life. They could of come up with something to allow him some more time at home.

I think that is a great idea. Give the kid you think could be a star 2 or 3 chances, then when he doesn't want to put in the work, make exceptions so he doesn't have to. If this was the 3rd string linebacker, everyone would be saying cut him loose. Beleive it or not, he isn't the first D-1 athlete to have a kid while he was playing. If he has really not been working out with the rest of the players this summer and there are no consequeces for it after giving him another chance, Bubba isn't running the tight ship everybody talks about him running.

26 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I think that is a great idea. Give the kid you think could be a star 2 or 3 chances, then when he doesn't want to put in the work, make exceptions so he doesn't have to. If this was the 3rd string linebacker, everyone would be saying cut him loose. Beleive it or not, he isn't the first D-1 athlete to have a kid while he was playing. If he has really not been working out with the rest of the players this summer and there are no consequeces for it after giving him another chance, Bubba isn't running the tight ship everybody talks about him running.

Like I said, I don't know what's going on and neither do you. It's possible that their is any number of circumstances making him unavailable for summer workouts. I was just throwing out an idea.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

While I agree with not making a number of exceptions for a kid over the rest of a team, and bearing in mind nothing to this point is mandatory; it should be pointed out that everything on here is speculation or rumor to this point. Let's not judge the kid just yet. Imagine if it were your kid, but only half the story was out there. 

Should also be noted that he did not just have a kid, but it was mentioned that he was also dealing with some depression issues. If you have ever know someone who has had serious depression, it's not just being bummed out about something. Serious issue that is not easy to cope with.

Cut the young man a little slack. I'm sure he is well aware that this is his last chance at football. While we all see it as a huge opportunity for him, he may have different priorities, and it is ultimately his choice.

From a fan perspective, I hope he is here and ready to go on the field. If he isn't, then next man up. I love football, but the kid need to make a decision that works for him and his family and stick with it. Then everyone needs to move on from it.

• Like 2

Good thing you're not the coach 

• Like 1

If he was a 3rd string linebacker we wouldn't know or care if he was working out this summer.  Thanks for chiming in.

6 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Wait, are we talking about Carlin Dupree now? 

• Upvote 4

Anyone know who will return kicks this year? Santiago has always been the man, but I assume we don't want to risk injury. Will Mckinney take over those duties, with Santiago continue in the job, will someone else step in, or will it be situational?

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if grady doesn't show up tomorrow (and it aint looking good according to my source) will his mom come on here and apologize to us being skeptical about his motives/desire?

Let's try to be positive until we hear concrete evidence to the contrary. Until I hear it from Bubba's mouth, I will remain a skeptic.

47 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know who will return kicks this year? Santiago has always been the man, but I assume we don't want to risk injury. Will Mckinney take over those duties, with Santiago continue in the job, will someone else step in, or will it be situational?

You can get hurt in non contact offseason drills... I say if you have the horses, let 'em run. He's pretty dynamic returning them, I guess I just don't see why you'd shy away from such a weapon.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Good point. If he has clinical depression, that would explain a lot. I have struggled with depression and it is awful.

It's easy to ride the high horse but I'd recommend taking the high road. It's not like he's doing what Poole did.

• Upvote 4