SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

13 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Interesting Stat.  The team with the easiest Big Sky schdule last year was E. Washington and really not even close.  Of course going 8-0 and not playing themselves helps, but samething with UND.

Team  
Eastern Wash 0.359
Sac State 0.422
Southern Utah 0.438
UND 0.453
Weber state 0.453
Montana 0.484
Portland St 0.516
N. Colorado 0.531
UC Davis 0.531
Cal Poly 0.547
N. Arizona 0.578
Montana St 0.594
Idaho State 0.594

Try telling that to Kylor Neale on the FCS Fans FB page, he is from EWU and would have none of this and probably call it Fake News. He is another loud and vocal hater of UND football on social media. 

40 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Hahahaha that is rich.

Pretty sure I called this in a different thread that someone would say we still have a weak schedule. So it begins is correct.

It's just dumb and meaningless - The BIG SKY schedule Rankings

Let's look out of conference - My vote for the hardest out of conference (OOC) schedule is UNC, the Golden Bears play at Florida (Gators) and at Colorado (Buffs) which mitigate the cupcake of College of Idaho.

Close 2nd is Portland State, who plays BYU and Oregon State, then a Big Sky team OOC

The OOC cupcake award, no surprise here, Montana Griz.  Although they play the Washington Huskies, they manage the cupcake award with 2 sleepers, Valpo and Savannah State.  Tied with the Griz is Sac State who plays Idaho, Incarnate Word, then a big sky team OOC.

Honorable Mention (tough OOC) - NAU plays Arizona, Western Illinois, and Ill State.

- EWU plays Texas Tech and NDSU, then a big sky team OOC

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

It's just dumb and meaningless - The BIG SKY schedule Rankings

Let's look out of conference - My vote for the hardest out of conference (OOC) schedule is UNC, the Golden Bears play at Florida (Gators) and at Colorado (Buffs) which mitigate the cupcake of College of Idaho.

Close 2nd is Portland State, who plays BYU and Oregon State, then a Big Sky team OOC

The OOC cupcake award, no surprise here, Montana Griz.  Although they play the Washington Huskies, they manage the cupcake award with 2 sleepers, Valpo and Savannah State.  Tied with the Griz is Sac State who plays Idaho, Incarnate Word, the a big sky team OOC.

Honorable Mention (tough OOC) - NAU plays Arizona, Western Illinois, and Ill State.

- EWU plays Texas Tech and NDSU, then a big sky team OOC

Yeah the UNC schedule is rough to say the least.

I did find it funny that nobody outside of this site (that I have seen) has brought up the Griz OOC schedule. I understand why we would schedule one per year in Valpo and Miss Valley but having two games like that in the same season cannot benefit you. If anything I would think it would give them a false sense of confidence. Regardless I am looking for some revenge against the Griz this year. After that game the message boards will either be eerily quiet or the trolls will congregate to remind us that we lost.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

Yeah the UNC schedule is rough to say the least.

I did find it funny that nobody outside of this site (that I have seen) has brought up the Griz OOC schedule. I understand why we would schedule one per year in Valpo and Miss Valley but having two games like that in the same season cannot benefit you. If anything I would think it would give them a false sense of confidence. Regardless I am looking for some revenge against the Griz this year. After that game the message boards will either be eerily quiet or the trolls will congregate to remind us that we lost.

They're all about the false confidence. Every player is the next FCS to NFL stud. Their backups could start for us. Blah blah blah. 

9 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

And so it begins. 

Hearing trolls from south of here, everyone in the Big Sky has an easy schedule.  Let's start this year out right with some wins over MVFC, like: 

Bizon slip to E Wash

Hawks win in Vermilion after down by 14 with 3 minutes left

N Ariz triples up Ill St

Cal Poly beats N Iowa in OT

S Utah squeaks by N Iowa

Mont St led SDSU from the opening kick.

N Ariz beats W Illinios

ND romps Missouri St in a payback

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

So are we gonna get an actually accurate roster for weights next week? I'm tired of looking at the online roster that is up to 35 lbs off for some guys.

Agreed, it would be nice to know where everyone is at. Particularly interested to know if Bryce Blair has added some weight. Same with Wanzek.

If I recall, Mason Bennett had tweet something about adding quite a bit of weight over the off season. Really looking for him to be an impact player this year.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, it would be nice to know where everyone is at. Particularly interested to know if Bryce Blair has added some weight. Same with Wanzek.

If I recall, Mason Bennett had tweet something about adding quite a bit of weight over the off season. Really looking for him to be an impact player this year.

It's a nice way to measure who really went above and beyond in the off season

20 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's a nice way to measure who really went above and beyond in the off season

Heck yeah, Bennett said he was up 20 lbs and that was back in April. Have to imagine he has added a few more, and will probably stand to lose a bit in a camp. As long as he keeps is speed, he could be a force off of the edge.

16 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Heck yeah, Bennett said he was up 20 lbs and that was back in April. Have to imagine he has added a few more, and will probably stand to lose a bit in a camp. As long as he keeps is speed, he could be a force off of the edge.

Usually over the summer guys don't gain. 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:49 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

We could have evening games in August and September, but the coaches don't like night games. We did them in 2001 when the Alerus Center opened and they were a blast.

Neither do students.  Once it get's late, parties start and students leave.  They had late games when I was a freshman in 2008, and I couldn't get anybody to stay with me.  Freshman want to go and experience college parties, not sit indoors on a warm fall night.  It's unfortunate, but it's true, no matter how good the team is.  

1 hour ago, SIOUX29 said:

Not hearing very positive things from New Town! I think about 40-60 the "Train comes back"  or less!

That would be extremely disappointing. Mixed messages on here though. Word was he was already in town and working out. I guess we will know in a week.

1 hour ago, SIOUX29 said:

Not hearing very positive things from New Town! I think about 40-60 the "Train comes back"  or less!

What seems to be the issue? In fairness to the kid, I don't want to judge based on a message board post, but at the same time this is all too deja vu.

Just seems strange because it is very understandable why he left school and football for a year, but to get a second chance, you would think he had to bee 100% sure before re-committing. Any additional information, or is this just rumors?

If this Grady news sticks (or really has any truth, @Feff put it perfectly), that will be a tough pill to swallow, coming on the heels of Harris going down. Fall camp can't come soon enough, time for some guys to really step up.