SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I walked out on only one game ever and that was our game against Montana St when our team was straight up pathetic. A 63-20 loss when the previous week was a 55-17 loss? Both at home? No thanks. Thank God for Bubba.

Yeah, there are definitely exceptions where I would leave early.

32 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Probably true, I'm also one of those where once I have spent money on a ticket, I'm going to stick it out. Though I guess with students that isn't always a factor.

True point though.

Depends on a few factors.

1. How much did i spend on the ticket?

2. Am i in the city i live in?

3. What other games are on?

4. Does this venue serve beer?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I'm the same way. Maybe it's just my frugal nature, but once I've payed for something I'm staying the whole time. I've sat through some pretty awful movies over the years because I refuse to leave early. Batman vs. Superman is the latest 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

lol yeah no doubt!  I remember sitting in the theatre thinking that if I had rented this and was at home I would shut it off and go to bed! 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Don't forget about the "it's halftime time to go home" crowd. That is the biggest problem rather than start times. How to keep people in their seats unless it's 50-0. Just think of all those people who missed the second half of the USD game, a double OT thriller. Also have they ever thought about swapping start times with hockey for a weekend? Instead of 7pm for hockey have it at 2pm, and move football to 7pm. No women's hockey to interfere with ice times. 

I was one of earlier leavers at the USD and consider myself the good luck charm for heading out! Anything to help the team

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I never understood that though process. What is the point of going to a game, if you aren't going to watch the whole thing to see what happens. People don't generally leave a hockey game after 2 periods. Heck, even if UND football is leaving, we have all see comebacks happen, particularly last year. I just don't get it.

Sometimes the refs do! :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I walked out on only one game ever and that was our game against Montana St when our team was straight up pathetic. A 63-20 loss when the previous week was a 55-17 loss? Both at home? No thanks. Thank God for Bubba.

Games like that made me glad the CanadInn is connected to the Alerus and had bars and gaming.

20 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

But... but.. but.. we play the Griz and EWU this year!

Interesting Stat.  The team with the easiest Big Sky schdule last year was E. Washington and really not even close.  Of course going 8-0 and not playing themselves helps, but samething with UND.

Team  
Eastern Wash 0.359
Sac State 0.422
Southern Utah 0.438
UND 0.453
Weber state 0.453
Montana 0.484
Portland St 0.516
N. Colorado 0.531
UC Davis 0.531
Cal Poly 0.547
N. Arizona 0.578