SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

4 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

These kind of responses are disheartening. Someone posts something people don't like and the knives come out. It happened to me a number of times. It's kept me from posting more, to be honest. I guess that's the ropes on a public board like this but it's a shame.

The original poster is correct to a degree. Grady has missed a number of workouts throughout the summer (others have too... they are not technically mandatory). He's still a member of the team. He'll be a fascinating player to watch when camp begins to see how he adjusts back to football and how the team accepts him.

What's disheartening is what CMSioux just described. 

ND1 made the post "concerned?" for a reaction.  Then when there were reactions, the "easy now!" post followed. 

Sure seemed like trolling to me.  If i'm wrong I apologize. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

What's disheartening is what CMSioux just described. 

ND1 made the post "concerned?" for a reaction.  Then when there were reactions, the "easy now!" post followed. 

Sure seemed like trolling to me.  If i'm wrong I apologize. 

Both you and CMSioux make valid points. My issue is attacking the poster instead of the post, especially a fellow UND fan.

.... anyway, regarding the upcoming season, is there anything new that we can try to project? Who will be the big player to step up into the CB slot. I expect Carter, Holm, and Hunt to all play significant roles, but who else? Dre Randolph seemed pretty like a pretty big commit when we got him, thoughts? Blubaugh has also seemed highly touted.

As for Safety, who do we have that will get valuable reps to prep for next season when we lose Reyes? Obviously Stewart should slide into some serious playing time if healthy, but who else? I'm sure Flowers will get some playing time. Canady sounded like he was going to be a solid player coming out of HS. Jaxson Turner is a big dude, and comparable in size to Cole. Coaches must believe he can be an impact player if they moved him. What happened to Vashon Tucker; he also sounded like he has some solid offers coming out of HS, but we haven't heard much about him. Moving Turner back to safety makes me wonder if the coaches are just not very high on Tucker. Seems like we have more depth at safety, though a lot of it appears to be young and unproven.

If the coaches can get a few of these young guys to step up; UND could have one of the best secondaries, and one of the best all around defenses in the country in 2018.

1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

Both you and CMSioux make valid points. My issue is attacking the poster instead of the post, especially a fellow UND fan.

Actually my post came after your comment so I'm okay with it - I don't think there is value in calling out specific players or posting rumors/comments that are leaked from the locker room. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Actually my post came after your comment so I'm okay with it - I don't think there is value in calling out specific players or posting rumors/comments that are leaked from the locker room. 

I agree with you.

5 minutes ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

Games schedule came out with game times! A few differences than last year, thoughts?? August 31st can come soon enough!!

IMG_2940.PNG

I like the later start times. This will allow people with kids in activities or even just things to do on Saturday mornings time to do that and also get to the game. Also allows for more tailgating which is always awesome!

57 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

A late game start would of been much better for they one. 

It all comes down to UND's season at that point. If UND underperforms in prior games, the EWU game will have an inappropriately poor crowd due to deer season opener. 

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It all comes down to UND's season at that point. If UND underperforms in prior games, the EWU game will have an inappropriately poor crowd due to deer season opener. 

I hear yeah.   Non conference is very crucial....cannot start 1-2 going into league play like last.  

If they start 1-2 , one loss in conference is IT!! 3 losses overall .  3 losses will be playoff bound. 

two losses in conference with 4 overall, not sure it will get it done. 

@montana, e wash and @ s Utah are the biggest chances to lose imo. 

Need to go 2-1 at worst in non conference. SD is a massive game.  Not only will SD be good next year but it's at their house with a revenge twist factored in.  Big big game  

If the possibility exists that they could be playoff bound, the e wash game should be electrifying.  Let's hope both teams are 7-0 conf play when they meet!  Big sky championship game!  ;)

12 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Just realized the EWU game is scheduled for deer opener weekend. Hopefully it's a big enough game at that point where attendance isn't affected. 

Hockey is also in town that night playing against Miami.  

Also noticed on Oct 21, football plays Sac St. at 12:30 and hockey hosts the Gophers at 7:00.  Will the student section at the Alerus be packed because FB attendees get ticket priority for hockey, or will it be empty because they will all be camping out to get into the REA?

12 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Hockey is also in town that night playing against Miami.  

Also noticed on Oct 21, football plays Sac St. at 12:30 and hockey hosts the Gophers at 7:00.  Will the student section at the Alerus be packed because FB attendees get ticket priority for hockey, or will it be empty because they will all be camping out to get into the REA?

I assume football student attendees will be given priority, as they have in the past.

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I assume football student attendees will be given priority, as they have in the past.

ATTN UND STUDENTS: If you re a student and you want to go to the hockey game against the Minnesota Golden Gophers, you must attend the football game. Admission to the hockey game will only be granted with a proof of attendance voucher.  Vouchers will be given out at the conclusion of the football game against Sacramento St. at the Alerus Center.  Priority seating in the lower bowl will be given to the loudest fans. :D

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

ATTN UND STUDENTS: If you re a student and you want to go to the hockey game against the Minnesota Golden Gophers, you must attend the football game. Admission to the hockey game will only be granted with a proof of attendance voucher.  Vouchers will be given out at the conclusion of the football game against Sacramento St. at the Alerus Center.  Priority seating in the lower bowl will be given to the loudest fans. :D

Now that's actually a really good idea. Wonder if the 30 person committee to improve the football exaperience has talked about this at all. I know they already do a priority thing, but like he said make it happen after the football game is over!

When does camp start again?

Should be an exciting month ahead. We get to work towards Week 1 @ Utah, we will finally get some more football reading material, and we will see which true freshman are going to get the redshirts pulled to start the season. At this point, I'm even exited to see the updated roster and see who has done the work in the weight room.

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Football will stand on it's own 2 feet, season tickets up 842.  I don't think forced participation will be on the committees agenda.  I have no problem with an extra incentive for those that want to be at both events, I actually like this.  For those that only go to 1 football game, and it's only because of a hockey game admission, maybe football will open their eyes to a good time.  For those so hockey brainwashed that think football is beneath them, do me a favor and stay home.  

I was thinking the same thing. 3 years ago, sure, we'd take what half assed fandom we could get. Things are different now. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

When does camp start again?

Should be an exciting month ahead. We get to work towards Week 1 @ Utah, we will finally get some more football reading material, and we will see which true freshman are going to get the redshirts pulled to start the season. At this point, I'm even exited to see the updated roster and see who has done the work in the weight room.

Am wondering/hoping that all freshmen have showed up.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Football will stand on it's own 2 feet, season tickets up 842.  I don't think forced participation will be on the committees agenda.  I have no problem with an extra incentive for those that want to be at both events, I actually like this.  For those that only go to 1 football game, and it's only because of a hockey game admission, maybe football will open their eyes to a good time.  For those so hockey brainwashed that think football is beneath them, do me a favor and stay home.  

All around the country, college football plays primetime at late afternoon or evening. UND hockey interferes with UND football playing late afternoon/evening games; therefore, UND may actually need to do something unique such as attendance vouchers. UND hockey naturally soaks up the crowd due to the REA and their game times which isn't fair to Bubba and the UND football program.