SiouxSports.com Forum

ND HS Hockey- Mike Peluso

OgieOgilthorpe

On 12/9/2016 at 3:42 PM, planet2county said:

12/2/08  Red River beat Wahpeton 18-0
2/5/09    GF Central beat Wahpeton 15-0

I might have missed it but I did not see any discussion on this board regarding these outcomes at the time that they occurred.
So I am wondering if views have changed?

We used to beat the brakes off of wahpeton.

The attitude toward bullying in our society is that it is a "Rite of Passage" and "Part of Growing Up" and "Kids need to be allowed to sow their wild oats" and whatever other garbage is come up with to justify this type of behavior. :angry:

Thank you JParisien17 for setting the record straight for us. Knowing this, I wish Bismarck had put up 30 goals on the scoreboard. :devil:

• Upvote 3

As a former high school coach and educator it's disgusting that hazing like that occurs still.  Makes me wonder what happened in the locker room the moments that the other coaches and I weren't in the room.

Glad this kid got on a different team, where he was accepted. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sprig said:

Peluso could not have run the score up enough under these circumstances. Do no parents in the Hazen community know this is going on.  Good grief. 

Either they know and they don't want to believe that their "little angel" is capable of it or they know and don't care. This passive attitude towards bullying has to stop.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, JParisien17 said:

That's just some of the things my son endured.. I could fill 3-4 more pages..

Thank you very much for sharing your side of the story. I'm very sorry to hear your son and your family had to deal with all of that horrible disrespect. My view of the situation has completely shifted. Glad to hear there was a purpose behind that game, and frankly I'm glad it happened after hearing this.

Hopefully some good still comes from this thread, as now the truth behind the entire story has been shared and will be spread further. I know I will be sharing the rest of the story about this game with people I spoke with offline about it. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I would think the board of higher education would need to look into this, especially at the school officials that chose to look the other way, disgraceful.

The ND State Board of Higher Education governs the ND University System. 

You mean to speak to ND Department of Public Education (DPI), Kirsten Baesler, Superintendent. 

7 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Thank you, Sicatoka...  hopefully steps can be taken to prevent this type of thing in the future.

Parenting is the only hope.  Discipline is only part of the solution.  OUR behavior is more important.  Kids will model what they are used to seeing and hearing.  

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Wilbur said:

As a former high school coach and educator it's disgusting that hazing like that occurs still.  Makes me wonder what happened in the locker room the moments that the other coaches and I weren't in the room.

Glad this kid got on a different team, where he was accepted. 

I don't even consider this hazing...hazing (as disturbing as it is) at least has some sort of tribal acceptance interwoven in a perverse way.  This is simply disgusting behavior.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, !!XUOIS said:

Don't believe anything from JP. It's coming from a dad that just got fired for lying at a major company!!!the only one I feel sorry for is his kid to grow up with a father like he has!!! Waste of earths oxygen 

To whoever wrote the post above... I'm not hiding anything!!! I put my name up there!!! I am Jakob's dad and I did get fired!!! I did not get fired for lying dumbass, but I'm sure the rumor mill is going strong in Hazen!!! I got fired for being late too work!!! I'm not lying about anything!!! What the heck does me getting fired  have to do with this? Quit hiding behind ur username and I'll come find you and tell to your face!! The funny part is that whoever this is wont put their name out there!!! They are cowards and would be scared shitless if I confronted them!!! 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, !!XUOIS said:

Don't believe anything from JP. It's coming from a dad that just got fired for lying at a major company!!!the only one I feel sorry for is his kid to grow up with a father like he has!!! Waste of earths oxygen 

Anyone else questioning this can call the AD in Hazen is well aware of this!! My wife worked for the school system in Hazen. She talked to the AD on a daily basis, considering she was a coach and all!!! Her working there at the time this was going on is the main reason this !@#$ didn't blow up!! 

• Upvote 1