SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Still, with that, we have a hypocritical community that loves all the sports teams theoretically but will never actually attend any of the events in person. 

Well that will all change with a move to the SumValley.  All those folks that can't seem to find the Sioux Center are all salivating over the thought of a trip to Vermillion.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

There are no private schools in the MVFC and it is not part of the MVC officially.  Why would the MVFC move to 11 SCHOOLS?  Headaches in scheduling ABOUND?  NDSU's vote can't hide behind private schools.

Don't think there is any question that we'd be welcomed by the Slummit.  Maybe they ask us to bring baseball back.  But we'do get in if we asked.

Lots of wheels in motion here. For now he can safely say he is in favor knowing that unless W. Illinois drops football or leaves the MVFC that it is going to be a no from them so the Summit decision won't matter the way things are being discussed currently.

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

But nothing for the women's sports and they charge that much?

I can speak for viewing road basketball games. Nearly all of the men's games will be broadcast on ESPN3, the women's games are rarely on ESPN3 unless it happens to be a Midco broadcast. Your WBB games at NDSU, SDSU, USD will likely all be on Midco, and I believe the only road game outside of those that was on ESPN3 was at WIU last year.

After that you have to get into the athletic websites of these schools. USD broadcasts all sporting events in high quality and free of charge but that is unfortunately an uncommon service in the Summit. IUPUI and ORU also offer free broadcasts of all sports, but the other six make you pay for a subscription. It's dumb and should be free as a service to their distant fans in my opinion.

Hope this deal goes through and you guys join a league or two that make much more sense.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, johnsowe said:

Maybe this is just a first step in making a new conference. UND NDSU SDSU USD UNO UNI DENVER UM MSU UNC 

As much as us Dakota Centric people would like to see this conference, the Montanas look west not east. They want to play schools in Washington and Idaho.

8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I could sent a text message to the Big 12 commish.  Does that mean in Miller's eyes that I have been communicating with the Big 12 if there is no evidence of a return text?  Show a return text, and then maybe I'll believe.  

Bresciani votes on MVFC membership issues.  File a FOIA on him.  He and Taylor have wanted to screw UND football forever.  A vote in favor of UND to the MVFC is nearly impossible.  Why would the MVFC want 11 teams?  E Ill is not wanted.  Nor are SEMO St, Murray St, Lindenwood  Mankato, or Grand Valley St to make 12.

I think it is interesting that you use random comments from the NMSU basketball coach of getting the football schools back together as proof that WAC football is happening, but yet dismiss texts from your own AD going to the Summit as suspect.  KInd of sounds Baghdad Bob-ish.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BisonCardinal said:

I think it is interesting that you use random comments from the NMSU basketball coach of getting the football schools back together as proof that WAC football is happening, but yet dismiss texts from your own AD going to the Summit as suspect.  KInd of sounds Baghdad Bob-ish.

I asked for emails from Bresciani in a FOIA case about the Sioux name, because I strongly suspected he was a culprit too in the case of the Slummit.   Received a response from NDSU after a couple days that he didnt have any emails fitting the criteria.  Shortly thereafter, heard from the media he had deleted all his emails.  I was nearly strung up by NDSU fans for my opinions, but Bresciani has a lot in common with Hillary. 

Faison knows what's going on.  He didn't forward emails because he didn't have any.  Faison isn't honorable as he proved in the Sioux nickname case.

Kennedy and other Presidents actually initiate conference changes, not ADs.  That is Conference Change 101, but Miller etc al and most posters and fans don't understand basics and aren't critical thinkers.  I'll be proven right before it's over.  Trust a NMSU coaches innocent comments more than our AD's supposed tests.  Just the way it is and should be.  Faison should not be trusted, but of course Bizons do when it suits them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would call this text from Faison the smoking gun that this is going to happen unless something extraordinary happens very shortly:

On Oct. 17, Faison texted Douple "Please call me and fill me in on your conversations with Andrea and Patti (sic) in Chicago as you have the time. If there is no wiggle room from Big Sky and Missouri Valley then we are ready to go for 18-19, if we have football protected in 2018 and 2019. For 2017-18, we would still be in Big Sky for our sports programs (including football) unless things change dramatically."

The paradoxical component to everyone's gripes about the MVFC/Summit is that the very reason we are joining the league - to play local schools - is the exact reason why UND fans are bitter about the MVFC/Summit (i.e., it's easy and popular to just hate anything associated with NDSU). If UND joined the MVFC and Summit rather than the Big Sky Conference in 2010, we would all be arguing for the strength of the MVFC right alongside NDSU people. 

I strongly dislike NDSU athletics, but even so, I can't ignore the fact that the MVFC and Summit leagues make way more sense for UND. Heck, Grand Forks and North Dakota are anything but big sky locations. A "valley" conference is more fitting!

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The paradoxical component to everyone's gripes about the MVFC/Summit is that the very reason we are joining the league - to play local schools - is the exact reason why everyone is truthfully bitter about the MVFC/Summit (i.e., it's popular to just hate whatever NDSU is doing). 

I strongly dislike NDSU athletics, but even so, I can't ignore the fact that the MVFC and Summit leagues make way more sense for UND. 

That's not 100% accurate.  The thing I hate about the Summit is that all Dakota schools would/could bolt in a second and moving up is likely the goal (regardless how realistic it is).  

The Big Sky is pretty stable and we are leaving just as we are finding success and gaining tons of momentum in all sports.  Naturally with success the "rivalries" would follow.  

• Upvote 4