SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

16 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

AD's don't negotiate conference changes.  Presidents do.  The Commissioners don't make any decisions.  Presidents do.

This is a BS article and a ploy to make a WAC change.

• Downvote 5

51 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

AD's don't negotiate conference changes.  Presidents do.  The Commissioners don't make any decisions.  Presidents do.

UND isn't going to be in the WAC. Sounds like the move to the Summit League in the works. 

1 hour ago, UND92,96 said:

Excellent! This makes so much sense on several levels. Fans can actually regularly attend road games now and this will cut costs for the athletic department. Additionally, regional opponents that fans are familiar with will make trips to Grand Forks now. The Big Sky has some no name programs that don't resonate with fans whether we like to admit it or not. Travel is obviously the big issue within the BSC for UND and that is partly why some BSC members are cold towards UND. I fully support this move. 

• Upvote 3

Yay.  Trips to places like Greeley every single week.  All just to placate this morbid obsession with NDSU that so many North Dakota stakeholders have.  Looks like a tremendous opportunity will be lost.  #FollowTheLeader #ThinkSmallBeSmall

Ok, done venting now.  I know, don't post while angry.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Come on Volley.  I think it's safe to say now that UND has no plans to join the WAC.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad UND appears to be making Summit contingent on getting into MVFC.  I'm not interested in the Summit unless an MVFC comes with it.  

I don't like a Summit move with football staying in the Big Sky, I'd rather we keep all sports in the Big Sky than that option.  But I prefer Summit/MVFC over Big Sky.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Yay.  Trips to places like Greeley every single week.  All just to placate this morbid obsession with NDSU that so many North Dakota stakeholders have.  Looks like a tremendous opportunity will be lost.  #FollowTheLeader #ThinkSmallBeSmall

Ok, done venting now.  I know, don't post while angry.

Valid points. I wouldn't say UND is following NDSU though; it just makes sense regionally to be with NDSU, SDSU, and USD. NDSU still is, without question, UND's number one rival. Getting those teams to regularly come to Gand Forks will be a very nice bonus. Making it to road football and basketball games is more of a reality now for the average fan. Sioux Falls Summit Conference tournament is very doable also.  Yes, Reno for the BSC tournament is fun and unique, but how realistic? Think big for UND and get your fun trips in by going to NCAA regionals or Frisco, Texas! 

• Upvote 1

i'm fine with either staying in the big sky or going to the MVFC/summit. it does seem like the valley gets more respect from the playoff committee and voters whether or not that respect is backed up with evidence. big sky and summit is kind of a wash to me although it would be nice for fans to more easily travel to away games (and the bball conference tournament)

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

I don't think ADs are negotiating with conference commissioners at the level Faison is unless it is basically a done deal. Your dream is dead SV....come on down to the Slummit. Where you will enjoy better basketball, more regional opponents, play games people in the region will actually care about and will get to play in a conference tournament in a packed beautiful arena right down the interstate. I know all that must sound horrible but you will have to deal with it.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, FargoBison said:

I don't think ADs are negotiating with conference commissioners at the level Faison is unless it is basically a done deal. Your dream is dead SV....come on down to the Slummit. Where you will enjoy better basketball, more regional opponents, play games people in the region will actually care about and will get to play in a conference tournament in a packed beautiful arena right down the interstate. I know all that must sound horrible but you will have to deal with it.

C'mon now, be nice.